What soaring foods do you eat?

Old May 18th 05, 11:49 PM
ContestID67

Default What soaring foods do you eat?

I have been trying to determine what foods work well for extended cross
country flying. It needs to taste good, give you energy, easy to eat
in flight, not too messy, filling, doesn't melt, etc.

What does everyone use?

- John

Old May 19th 05, 12:26 AM
Ray Lovinggood

Granola bars, soft or crunchy.
Peanuts (shelled, of course)
Maybe a banana and/or apple

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

Old May 19th 05, 12:31 AM
CguLL

On 18 May 2005 15:49:53 -0700, "ContestID67"
wrote:

What does everyone use?

GU http://www.gusports.com/ washed down with Gatorade.
Old May 19th 05, 12:32 AM
Paul M. Cordell

Current in-flight menu includes a small sandwich composed of meat
(salami or ham) and cheese and basil on a WASA crisp bread, a mixed nut
medley of peanuts, almonds and pecans. Desert is a Boomi bar. This
weeks favorite is the pineapple ginger with pinenuts.
http://www.boomibar.com/

I'm still interviewing in-flight food service staff/ballast

Paul
Nimbus 3D
Old May 19th 05, 12:42 AM
BTIZ

Any standard trail mix or granola bars minus chocolate.. some trail mix does
include chocolate chips.. that melts out here.. its going to be 100F+ this
weekend. Also consider bagels.. raisin cinnamon works great.. stays moist
in a plastic bag but dries out fast when opened.. it's 0-4% humidity out
here

BT

oups.com...

Old May 19th 05, 12:54 AM
Bill Daniels

"ContestID67" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been trying to determine what foods work well for extended cross
country flying. It needs to taste good, give you energy, easy to eat
in flight, not too messy, filling, doesn't melt, etc.

What does everyone use?

- John

Great question.

I have found Pemmican concentrated food bars to be great.
http://www.mealpack.com/

They last a months while sealed and don't crumble or make my fingers sticky
when I eat them. I keep two or three in my survival vest. They taste good
too.

Bill Daniels

Old May 19th 05, 03:41 AM

Hi Bill, Excellent suggestion - I have been using the meal packs
for over 20 years. I crewed for Bruce Brockhoff and Brad Edwards
from Australia in our 15m Nationals at Hobbs in 91 - I suggested
to Brad that he try the meal packs - he tried them and liked them
a lot - and won the 15m World Championships at Uvalde using meal
packs the whole time. I used the meal packs during my glider flying
at Bitterwasser, Namibia (Africa)- so far I have flown 23 flights of
1000 km or more during the past 8 seasons - nearly all with meal
packs as my mid day meal. Again, great suggestion for the ras
readers. Regards, Ralph Woodward

Old June 17th 05, 06:54 PM
ContestID67

I tried them. Kind of dry for me. But then that makes me drink.