JFK

Old November 14th 03, 08:17 PM
Ron Natalie

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message ...

By the way,,, think about that famous JFK quote... "Ask not what your
country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"

Um. Wrong three-initial president. Try FDR.

Sorry, Pete. It was JFK's innaugural address.

Old November 14th 03, 08:18 PM
Ron Natalie

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message ...
"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...
November 22 is Margy's birthday as well. I'm omit the year so as to not

incriminate
myself.

Incriminate yourself? Cradle robber?

No actually, she's older than I am.

Old November 14th 03, 08:20 PM
Ron Natalie

"Michael 182" wrote in message news:L9atb.200777$Fm2.189251@attbi_s04...
No, I believe he got it right. From JFK's 1961 inaugural. FDR's most famous
line was "We have nothing to fear but fear itself"

Or Pat Paulsen's "We have nothing to fear but fear itself...and the boogeyman."

His other great polictical idea was to turn the deficit into a governement program and
then start cutting back until it is elimimated entirely.

Old November 14th 03, 08:23 PM
Jay Honeck

Not only that, but many people are honest, have integrity, and believe in
morality and still have affairs.

Evidently your definitions of "honesty", "integrity", and "morality"
conflict with mine. I'd be interested (though probably not on an aviation
newsgroup) to hear how someone can possess those attributes while at the
same time cheating on their spouse.

The mental gymnastics it would take to bring those two diametrically opposed
moral positions into balance would be fun to watch, if nothing else.

End result: JFK may have had some good traits as a leader -- and I don't
think he wasn't in office long enough to prove that assertion -- but he was
not an admirable man.

(Which, by the way, doesn't reduce our national grief at having had a
sitting president assassinated.)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 14th 03, 08:24 PM
Ron Natalie

"Cecil E. Chapman" wrote in message om...

The Kennedy's are/were rotten to the core. Wealthy to the point that they
didn't belive that the law was for them.

Well, Bobby wasn't bad. And Joe Jr. died in a very risky mission he volunteered for.
The biggest problem is that Joseph Kennedy was hardly the type to instill a sound sense
of morals in his sons.

Old November 14th 03, 08:42 PM
Wdtabor

I was about 150
out of Oklahoma City, my next refueling stop, when ATC came up on
frequency and announced that President Kennedy had been shot in Dallas
and was dead.

I was in Junior High when I heard the news, and I remember my first thought was
that I hoped my father had a sound alibi.

--
Wm. Donald (Don) Tabor Jr., DDS
PP-ASEL
Old November 14th 03, 09:40 PM
Icebound

Jay Honeck wrote:
Not only that, but many people are honest, have integrity, and believe in
morality and still have affairs.

Evidently your definitions of "honesty", "integrity", and "morality"
conflict with mine. I'd be interested (though probably not on an aviation
newsgroup) to hear how someone can possess those attributes while at the
same time cheating on their spouse.

The mental gymnastics it would take to bring those two diametrically opposed
moral positions into balance would be fun to watch, if nothing else.

End result: JFK may have had some good traits as a leader -- and I don't
think he wasn't in office long enough to prove that assertion -- but he was
not an admirable man.

(Which, by the way, doesn't reduce our national grief at having had a
sitting president assassinated.)

He may have had a much greater love for his country than for his wife.
He may have paid a lot more attention to running it than running his
marriage.

It happens.

It is interesting that this rather small-c conservative newgroup has not
mentioned his military service yet???

Old November 14th 03, 09:43 PM
Roger Long

How did they know since it wouldn't happen for another 8 days yet?

--
Roger Long

Big John wrote in message
40 years ago today I was ferrying a F-89J from the Maine Air Guard at
Bangor, ME to the Oregon Air Guard at Portland OR. Chugging along at
20K, keeping under the big jet stream blowing east, I was about 150
out of Oklahoma City, my next refueling stop, when ATC came up on
frequency and announced that President Kennedy had been shot in Dallas
and was dead.

May he rest in peace.

Big John

Old November 14th 03, 09:49 PM
Newps

Jay Honeck wrote:

End result: JFK may have had some good traits as a leader -- and I don't
think he wasn't in office long enough to prove that assertion -- but he was
not an admirable man.

He was in office for nearly three years. If your leadership can't be
proved in that amount of time then you don't have it.

Old November 14th 03, 10:26 PM
Jay Honeck

No actually, she's older than I am.

No way!