Pilot Quiz or test

Old March 10th 12, 06:13 AM
patsy patsy is offline
Junior Member

Default Pilot Quiz or test

Hi,

I just started training for a private license.
I found a book on Amazon.com called
"Airplane Trivia" which I found helpful.
Can anyone recommend any other
test or quiz books for a beginner?
Thanks, Patsy.
Old March 10th 12, 08:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Ed Sullivan

On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 05:13:09 +0000, patsy
wrote:

Hi,

I just started training for a private license.
I found a book on Amazon.com called
"Airplane Trivia" which I found helpful.
Can anyone recommend any other
test or quiz books for a beginner?
Thanks, Patsy.

You could do worse than read Stick and Rudder by Wolfgang Langwische
Old March 15th 12, 11:56 PM
Connor Byer Connor Byer is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsy View Post
Hi,

I just started training for a private license.
I found a book on Amazon.com called
"Airplane Trivia" which I found helpful.
Can anyone recommend any other
test or quiz books for a beginner?
Thanks, Patsy.
Your local flight store should hook you up with all the good books. Just get ready to read!
Old May 21st 12, 05:50 AM
Capt. Wes B. Capt. Wes B. is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsy View Post
Hi,

I just started training for a private license.
I found a book on Amazon.com called
"Airplane Trivia" which I found helpful.
Can anyone recommend any other
test or quiz books for a beginner?
Thanks, Patsy.
It depends to on what you are looking to do. Familiarize yourself with aviation, prep for the written test, or learn the basic maneuvers. I think for preparing for the knowledge test Gleims is great. As far as practical knowledge the best book ever would be Rod Machado's Private Pilot handbook. You literally wouldn't need anything else to pass your knowledge test. As far as the flying part is concerned I'd recommend Stick and Rudder. If you get those two books you're half way their. If you aren't a book person try Sporty's Private Pilot DVD series-it is way more practical then King Schools! you can also find some great deals at marketniner.com everything is half priced and below! If you don't see what you want you can even call them and they'll find it for you at half price or better. Plus when you are through with training you can post your item for sale there and recuperate some of your investment.

Test to see if you should be a helicopter pilot B4RT Rotorcraft 4 February 18th 06 06:21 PM
Fighter pilot test Marc CYBW Piloting 4 January 13th 06 03:48 AM
Way OT... help a fellow pilot answer a quiz john smith Piloting 5 November 21st 05 01:12 AM
NEW & UNOPENED: Gleim Commercial Pilot Knowledge Test (book AND Commercial Pilot Test Software) Cecil Chapman Products 2 November 13th 04 04:56 AM
CF-105 Test Pilot honoured! Ed Majden Military Aviation 2 August 26th 03 01:07 AM