Wiring Harness Needed

Old September 4th 19, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default Wiring Harness Needed

I have a radio that needs a wiring harness, Becker AR3201 can anyone help. Thanks, Bob
Old September 4th 19, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 1:36:42 PM UTC-7, Bob Youngblood wrote:
I have a radio that needs a wiring harness, Becker AR3201 can anyone help. Thanks, Bob

http://www.craggyaero.com/becker.htm

Or call

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old September 4th 19, 10:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Al McNamara[_4_]

At 20:36 04 September 2019, Bob Youngblood wrote:
I have a radio that needs a wiring harness, Becker AR3201 can anyone

help.
Thanks, Bob

Suggest you try the European site (uras). Must be lots of these kinking
around after our recent 833 switch over.

Old September 4th 19, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 5:15:06 PM UTC-4, Al McNamara wrote:
At 20:36 04 September 2019, Bob Youngblood wrote:
I have a radio that needs a wiring harness, Becker AR3201 can anyone

help.
Thanks, Bob

Suggest you try the European site (uras). Must be lots of these kinking
around after our recent 833 switch over.

Most kept their wiring harness.

Old September 5th 19, 07:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Munk

McNamara wrote:
At 20:36 04 September 2019, Bob Youngblood wrote:
I have a radio that needs a wiring harness, Becker AR3201

can anyone
help.
Thanks, Bob

Suggest you try the European site (uras). Must be lots of

these kinking
around after our recent 833 switch over.

Most kept their wiring harness.

Jup. Just changed the connector.

Old September 5th 19, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

McNamara wrote:
At 20:36 04 September 2019, Bob Youngblood wrote:
I have a radio that needs a wiring harness, Becker AR3201

can anyone
help.
Thanks, Bob

Suggest you try the European site (uras). Must be lots of

these kinking
around after our recent 833 switch over.

Most kept their wiring harness.

Jup. Just changed the connector.

It is not too hard to make your own harness. Especially if the system is simple: power, mic, PPT and speaker, no intercom or second seat. You need to connect the other ends of the wires to those things in any case. If your glider already has those things and old wires, "just change the connector".. There was a thread here some months ago about where to get the connector to fit the AR4201, I don't know whether the AR3201 uses the same connector..
Old September 5th 19, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

simple enough to make using a db15 connector. You should check the manual for your particular serial number radio to be sure nothing has changed but for mine the pinouts are as follows:
+12v - pins 4, 5
Ground - pin 2
PTT switch - pin 12
PTT ground - pin 3
Audio Ground - pin 9
Audio signal - pin 15
Mic in - pin 11
Mic ground - pin 10

All ground lines (2, 3, 9, 10) are tied together internal to the radio. All +12v lines (4, 5) are also tied together internal to the radio.

Robert

Old September 6th 19, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

McNamara wrote:
[...]

3201 is different from 4201.
Old September 6th 19, 10:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Surge

On Thursday, 5 September 2019 09:00:07 UTC+2, Eric Munk wrote:
Jup. Just changed the connector.

I upgraded from an ancient, crystal based Dittel FSG 16 to the Becker AR3201 and was pleasantly surprised to find that the wiring in the aircraft for the FSG 16 was basically the same layout as the AR3201 wiring diagram.
It looks like the wiring harnesses are fairly standardised with only the connector type and pin order being different.

Here's a copy of the AR3201 manual containing the wiring diagrams.
http://www.soargbsc.com/Becker3201.pdf
Old September 6th 19, 11:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
James Thomson[_2_]

At 09:24 06 September 2019, Surge wrote:

It looks like the wiring harnesses are fairly standardised with only the
connector type and pin order being different.

The devil is in the detail! The connector may actually be the same but
which wire to which pin, whether wires are linked, and what is earthed may

be critically different. At least one radio manufacturer offers adaptors

boards to let you link your existing harness to his new generation 8.33
radios.

looking for Hooker harness Al MacDonald Home Built 0 July 12th 08 03:54 PM
engine monitor wiring harness install Jim Burns Owning 8 November 20th 06 03:26 PM
S-H safety harness (V2C) [email protected] Soaring 20 April 28th 06 08:54 AM
Harness Nolaminar Restoration 2 December 25th 03 04:04 PM
Narco AT-50A Wiring Diagram Needed Jerry Aviation Marketplace 0 August 3rd 03 11:07 PM