PowerFlARM at R5N Perry

Old April 23rd 12, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ben[_4_]

Default PowerFlARM at R5N Perry

How did PowerFLARM perform at Perry? Understand Dave Nadler was there
as the PowerFLARM rep to address concerns raised at the Seniors. What
up Dave?

FLARM works exceptionally well in Europe. Other than frequency, what
is the difference in the USA unit. Did the FCC require the FLARM
technology be changed for the USA unit?
Old April 23rd 12, 03:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Sunday, April 22, 2012 10:17:46 PM UTC-4, Ben wrote:
How did PowerFLARM perform at Perry? Understand Dave Nadler was there
as the PowerFLARM rep to address concerns raised at the Seniors. What
up Dave?

I will post something later today, stand by...

FLARM works exceptionally well in Europe. Other than frequency, what
is the difference in the USA unit. Did the FCC require the FLARM
technology be changed for the USA unit?

FLARM v5 conforms to FCC requirements for frequency use and hopping.
PowerFLARM has a more powerful transmitter than older units, and
is FCC-approved.

See ya, Dave "YO electric"

Old April 24th 12, 03:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Monday, April 23, 2012 10:48:08 AM UTC-4, Dave Nadler wrote:
I will post something later today, stand by...

Please see: http://powerflarm.us/2012/04/powerfl...rt-from-perry/

See ya, Dave "YO electric"

Old April 24th 12, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

On 4/23/2012 7:42 PM, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Monday, April 23, 2012 10:48:08 AM UTC-4, Dave Nadler wrote:
I will post something later today, stand by...

Please see: http://powerflarm.us/2012/04/powerfl...rt-from-perry/

Thanks for the report, Dave. It sounds like they are getting a handle on
the problems.

Is it acceptable to install the antennas inline, one behind the other?
Maybe leave the Flarm antenna on the box and mount the PCAS antenna
forward of it? That would reduce the visual impact to just one antenna
(it's not a big issue, as I'm getting used too two antennas, but seeing
just one would be nicer).

email me)
Old April 24th 12, 05:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kimmo Hytoenen

wrote:
I will post something later today, stand by...

Please see: http://powerflarm.us/2012/04/powerflarm-report-

from-perry/

See ya, Dave "YO electric"

It bis clear that any metal near the antenna disturbs
transmit/receive. How about the pilot? some sources say, that
human body is practically invisible for 868 MHz radio waves, some
people say that if you install antenna behind the front pilot in
double-seater, the transmission is blocked by pilots head.

Clear answer would be appreciated.

-kimmo

Old April 24th 12, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
db_sonic[_2_]

I am hearing news the PowerFlarm brick is released in the Europe? US
to follow soon??
Old April 24th 12, 05:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mattm[_2_]

On Apr 24, 11:15*am, db_sonic wrote:
I am hearing news the PowerFlarm brick is released in the Europe? *US
to follow soon??

The Powerflarm product page has pictures and prices on it (and also a
"pure"
version without ADS-B or transponder detection).

http://www.butterfly-store.de/

No manuals yet, though.
Old April 24th 12, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle

On Tuesday, April 24, 2012 12:15:33 PM UTC-4, mattm wrote:
On Apr 24, 11:15*am, db_sonic wrote:
I am hearing news the PowerFlarm brick is released in the Europe? *US
to follow soon??

The Powerflarm product page has pictures and prices on it (and also a
"pure"
version without ADS-B or transponder detection).

http://www.butterfly-store.de/

No manuals yet, though.

They state that the delivery time is 6 weeks. No dimensions given, either.

-John
Old April 24th 12, 08:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mattm[_2_]

On Apr 24, 12:58*pm, John Carlyle wrote:
On Tuesday, April 24, 2012 12:15:33 PM UTC-4, mattm wrote:
On Apr 24, 11:15*am, db_sonic wrote:
I am hearing news the PowerFlarm brick is released in the Europe? *US
to follow soon??

The Powerflarm product page has pictures and prices on it (and also a
"pure"
version without ADS-B or transponder detection).

http://www.butterfly-store.de/

No manuals yet, though.

They state that the delivery time is 6 weeks. No dimensions given, either..

-John

Hmm, I wonder. A bunch of us preordered our bricks; do the 6 weeks
include
clearing that backlog of shipments, or is that when the preorders
start to ship?

-- Matt
Old April 24th 12, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

On Apr 24, 3:29*pm, mattm wrote:
On Apr 24, 12:58*pm, John Carlyle wrote:

On Tuesday, April 24, 2012 12:15:33 PM UTC-4, mattm wrote:
On Apr 24, 11:15*am, db_sonic wrote:
I am hearing news the PowerFlarm brick is released in the Europe? *US
to follow soon??

The Powerflarm product page has pictures and prices on it (and also a
"pure"
version without ADS-B or transponder detection).

http://www.butterfly-store.de/

No manuals yet, though.

They state that the delivery time is 6 weeks. No dimensions given, either.

-John

Hmm, I wonder. *A bunch of us preordered our bricks; do the 6 weeks
include
clearing that backlog of shipments, or is that when the preorders
start to ship?

-- Matt

US version must be FCC certified. I am told this has not happened
yet.

T8

Day 3 at Perry Frank Paynter[_2_] Soaring 1 April 23rd 11 12:32 AM
Day 1 at Perry Frank Paynter[_2_] Soaring 0 April 19th 11 02:08 AM
Perry, SC, USA info Ray Lovinggood Soaring 1 April 20th 07 05:48 PM
Perry, SC, USA Ray Lovinggood Soaring 0 February 17th 06 06:53 PM
Perry, SC GM Soaring 12 May 13th 05 01:26 AM