Hourly cost

Old May 12th 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Hourly cost

I am thinking of starting a charter company with either a commander 700 or
aerostar 700. Does anyone have any insight on hourly cost?
Old May 12th 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Shop for insurance. It can be the biggest stumbling block.
Do you have any 135 experience?
Will this be a single pilot or multiple pilot operation?
Will the flight crew meet the 135 experience requirements?
Developing the required manuals are a time consuming experience.
Will the aircraft meet the requirements of part 135?
Are you able to do your own inspections/maintenance?
Have you done research on your competition and customer base?

Old May 12th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

No this is my first experience with 135 business. I have contacted AOPA and
received all requirements.
It will be a single pilot operation and there is little to no competition.
thanks

Old May 13th 06, 12:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

First, let me also add good luck..
Second, do you know there is a bidding site on the web for charter
runs? Your customers know about it... You do have competition (oh boy
do you) and it may be 3000 miles away, but they will be competing for
your clients, offering LearJets and Turboprops at or below your cost
for a piston plane... How can they do that? Simple, they have a run
from A to B at full price - a run you can't do at the cutomers
requirements because you can't match their speed and weather topping
abilities... They can then deadhead back to A, or they can offer to run
"your" job at less than your operating costs because it puts them
closer to being back to A...
Now, if you are single, don't mind sleeping in your plane and eating
out of a paper bag, then you MAYBE can survive in the charter
business...
Do your homework, and again, good luck my friend...

denny

Old May 15th 06, 05:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Denny" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Myself being someone that has been a successful entrepreneur for about 16
years now I say if the guy has an idea run with it if he can financially
support a start up. Some times taking chances and breaking in to something
like aviation is hard but once you weed out all the A** Holes, Riff Raff and
get your name out there, there is money to be made in aviation. If he has
never done a start up before he will learn fast on how to tap all resources
you can! Wait until I obtain my CFI this summer and start a Flight School I
already have my hand in Uncle Sam's pocket and he likes to give resources to
the aviation industry.

Steven L. Rhine
CP- Airplane Single & Multi Engine Land
Instrument Airplane
CFI Student
Always Monitoring 123.45

Old May 16th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

("NW_PILOT" wrote)
Wait until I obtain my CFI this summer and start a Flight School I already
have my hand in Uncle Sam's pocket and he likes to give resources to the
aviation industry.

What are some of the [government related] re$ource$ you've been able to tap
so far?

Montblack

Old May 16th 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Yes please tell me.
I'm asking for you to give everything you know, but a point in the right
direction would help greatly.
thanks
("NW_PILOT" wrote)

Old May 16th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Sorry I ment to say I'm not asking for you tell everything.

pilot30y wrote:
Yes please tell me.
I'm asking for you to give everything you know, but a point in the right
direction would help greatly.
thanks
("NW_PILOT" wrote)
Wait until I obtain my CFI this summer and start a Flight School I already

[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]

Montblack

Old May 16th 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Hi Denny,

Whats the link to those online sites where you can bid for charters?

-dr