Oshkosh Attendance

Old August 2nd 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Montblack[_1_]

Default Oshkosh Attendance

("Dan Luke" wrote)
Hated to miss the party, but it was the better part of mercy to take him
home. Naturally, the forecast rain for Wednesday failed to materialize.

It rained HARD for almost 30 minutes Wednesday evening while we were setting
up for the N40 party.

Before it started raining, my thought was to not bother the gate guards,
since Jay's plane was parked so near the fence. We off loaded the two
vehicles at the Hardee's gate, parked them across the street, then came back
in to set up. That's when the skies opened up.

While sitting tight together in a row of white plastic chairs, attempting to
fend off the near horizontal driving rain with our umbrellas, I was reminded
that Jim had thought bringing the vehicles on-site was a pretty good idea.
Oops!

The Hilton gate guard said he had to take refuge from the rain in the
port-a-pottie, behind his guard shack.

The skies cleared by 6pm and the evening turned out to be perfect!

Montblack
Hey Dan, it was nice meeting you. Was looking forward to seeing you at the
party.

Old August 2nd 06, 12:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke

"Montblack" wrote:

Hated to miss the party, but it was the better part of mercy to take him
home. Naturally, the forecast rain for Wednesday failed to materialize.

It rained HARD for almost 30 minutes Wednesday evening while we were
setting up for the N40 party.

Well, I feel a little better about leaving, then. Poor Jerry was soaked
enough.

Hey Dan, it was nice meeting you. Was looking forward to seeing you at the
party.

Same here. Catch you next year.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old August 7th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke

I passed on the trip this year. I heard that attendance numbers were
way down. You guys that were there, what did you see?

According to AvWeb, attendance was down 10% from last year. I hadn't thought
that it was that bad.

Old August 8th 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

According to AvWeb, attendance was down 10% from last year. I hadn't thought
that it was that bad.

The "second weekend" attendance never really materialized this year at
OSH. True, the drive-in crowd picked up (as it always does) over the
weekend -- but the fly-in crowd never did.

Dunno if it was the weather, the fatal crash, or what -- but after the
gangbusters first few days, I must admit I was a bit surprised.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

You're Invited to the 4th Annual Rec.Aviation Oshkosh Party(s)! [email protected] Home Built 5 July 6th 06 10:04 PM
You're Invited to the 4th Annual Rec.Aviation Oshkosh Party(s)! Jay Honeck Piloting 0 June 27th 06 04:58 AM
Oshkosh Reflections Jay Honeck Home Built 54 August 16th 05 09:24 PM
Oshkosh Reflections Jay Honeck Owning 44 August 7th 05 02:31 PM
How I got to Oshkosh (long) Doug Owning 2 August 18th 03 12:05 AM