Give away: 14V automatic charger

Old March 12th 11, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

Default Give away: 14V automatic charger

Robinton "Super Charger", 14V fully automatic fast/trickle charger
suitable for 14V sealed lead acid batteries. Used through 2010
season, no issues. Mid 80s manufacture, very rugged. I've switched
to 12V system, no longer needed. Yours for the cost of shipping.
Cost of shipping to R5N contest at Perry = one beer & tall story, or
one extra tall beer.

Evan Ludeman / T8
Old March 13th 11, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
150flivver

On Mar 12, 10:09*am, T8 wrote:
Robinton "Super Charger", 14V fully automatic fast/trickle charger
suitable for 14V sealed lead acid batteries. *Used through 2010
season, no issues. *Mid 80s manufacture, very rugged. *I've switched
to 12V system, no longer needed. *Yours for the cost of shipping.
Cost of shipping to R5N contest at Perry = one beer & tall story, or
one extra tall beer.

Evan Ludeman / T8

Never heard of a 14 volt battery. 12 volt batteries are normally
charged at 13-14 volts, so you normally see 14 volt "systems"
utilizing a 12 volt battery.
Old March 13th 11, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

On Mar 12, 9:59*pm, 150flivver wrote:
On Mar 12, 10:09*am, T8 wrote:

Robinton "Super Charger", 14V fully automatic fast/trickle charger
suitable for 14V sealed lead acid batteries. *Used through 2010
season, no issues. *Mid 80s manufacture, very rugged. *I've switched
to 12V system, no longer needed. *Yours for the cost of shipping.
Cost of shipping to R5N contest at Perry = one beer & tall story, or
one extra tall beer.

Evan Ludeman / T8

Never heard of a 14 volt battery. *12 volt batteries are normally
charged at 13-14 volts, so you normally see 14 volt "systems"
utilizing a 12 volt battery.

This is old school. Some radios designed for 13.8V nominal (which is
what a "12V" alternator provides) and did poorly on 12 and quit
entirely at 11.something, hence the 14V setup for gliders. It was
fairly common in the 1980s and I suspect my 20B was set up that way by
the original owner. Mine had a 10AH 14V pack consisting of two 6V 5
AH batteries plus two 4V 10AH batteries. Creative. Heavy. So when
they got tired, I switched to 12. Modern radios, by and large, work
just fine on 12V.

-T8
Old March 13th 11, 04:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

Spoken for.

-Evan Ludeman / T8
Old March 13th 11, 05:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

On Mar 12, 10:09 am, T8 wrote:

Never heard of a 14 volt battery. 12 volt batteries are normally
charged at 13-14 volts, so you normally see 14 volt "systems"
utilizing a 12 volt battery.

This is old school. Some radios designed for 13.8V nominal (which is
what a "12V" alternator provides) and did poorly on 12 and quit
entirely at 11.something, hence the 14V setup for gliders. It was
fairly common in the 1980s and I suspect my 20B was set up that way by
the original owner. Mine had a 10AH 14V pack consisting of two 6V 5
AH batteries plus two 4V 10AH batteries. Creative. Heavy. So when
they got tired, I switched to 12. Modern radios, by and large, work
just fine on 12V.

-T8

I use to have the system described above in my Ka-6E to power the Terra radio. It worked very well.

Wayne
HP-14V "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/

Old March 13th 11, 03:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
LOV2AV8

I use 7 of the 2 volt, 5 amp hour Hawker Cyclon D cell size sealed
lead acids in my Zuni. I have two and can run a couple of days, 10hrs
plus on my electrical draw. They are a nice thin size, 7 D cells in
series.

12v - 12v charger 5Z Soaring 19 December 30th 05 09:58 PM
Automatic Parachutes & Retrofitting John DeRosa Sky Soaring Chicago IL Soaring 2 May 8th 04 05:33 AM
Automatic Parachutes John DeRosa Sky Soaring Chicago IL Soaring 14 May 8th 04 02:55 AM
Automatic trim in FS2002? John Penta Simulators 6 October 16th 03 09:15 AM