Ferry pilot's book?

Old February 27th 08, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

Default Ferry pilot's book?

Not long ago NW_Pilot was talking about a book he read that got him started
in the business. (Unless I'm imagining it), I recall it being by the
preeminent ferry pilot in the business. I can't find a reference to it
now.

Anybody know the title?

--
Dallas
Old February 27th 08, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
xxx

On Feb 27, 11:07 am, Dallas wrote:
Not long ago NW_Pilot was talking about a book he read that got him started
in the business. (Unless I'm imagining it), I recall it being by the
preeminent ferry pilot in the business. I can't find a reference to it
now.

Anybody know the title?

--
Dallas

Air Vagabonds: Oceans, Airmen, and a Quest for Adventure
by Anthony Vallone

It's OK, but the prose gets awfully purple. Typical of the first-time
amateur author.

Old February 27th 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gman

On Feb 27, 1:06 pm, xxx wrote:
On Feb 27, 11:07 am, Dallas wrote:

Not long ago NW_Pilot was talking about a book he read that got him started
in the business. (Unless I'm imagining it), I recall it being by the
preeminent ferry pilot in the business. I can't find a reference to it
now.

Anybody know the title?

--
Dallas

Air Vagabonds: Oceans, Airmen, and a Quest for Adventure
by Anthony Vallone

It's OK, but the prose gets awfully purple. Typical of the first-time
amateur author.

This may not be the one you are talking about but I liked "So You Want
to be a Ferry Pilot". It's a fun read!

Here's a link:
http://www.amazon.com/So-You-Want-Fe.../dp/1412010667

Old February 28th 08, 06:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:13:10 -0800 (PST), gman wrote:

This may not be the one you are talking about but I liked "So You Want
to be a Ferry Pilot". It's a fun read!

Both Air Vagabonds and this book sound good...

decisions, decisions..
--
Dallas
Old February 29th 08, 11:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Feb 27, 10:48 pm, Dallas wrote:
On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:13:10 -0800 (PST), gman wrote:
This may not be the one you are talking about but I liked "So You Want
to be a Ferry Pilot". It's a fun read!

Both Air Vagabonds and this book sound good...

decisions, decisions..
--
Dallas

Support Spike he has a few other good books also, they all held my
attention and I finished them...... Plus I have personalized signed
copies from the author yea all 3 books.
Old February 29th 08, 11:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Feb 27, 10:48 pm, Dallas wrote:
On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:13:10 -0800 (PST), gman wrote:
This may not be the one you are talking about but I liked "So You Want
to be a Ferry Pilot". It's a fun read!

Both Air Vagabonds and this book sound good...

decisions, decisions..
--
Dallas

Oh the boys who bring in the crop is really good for tanked over gross
operations.
Old March 1st 08, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 03:10:48 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Support Spike he has a few other good books also

Ok... thanks.

--
Dallas