NTSB Preliminary report on HPN crash

Old May 10th 05, 07:51 PM
Frank Ch. Eigler

Scott Moore wrote:

Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
Tell me, just how much information would you require the feds to put
on paper before allowing yourself to form and state an educated
opinion about the wisdom of this flight?

Me? Actually, never. Fortunately, nobody asks my opinion. Our
yours, either, for that matter.

Does this mean that you intend henceforth to withhold your other
opinions until someone asks you for them?

Before calling any dead pilot an idiot, I recommend everyone take a
good look in the mirror.

(Say, was that an opinion?) These are not mutually exclusive. One
does not have to be perfect to recognize imperfection. That would be
an impossible requirement.

- FChE
Old May 10th 05, 08:01 PM
Jose

One
does not have to be perfect to recognize imperfection. That would be
an impossible requirement.

No, but before condemning imperfection, a look in the mirror is always
appropriate.

Jose
Old May 10th 05, 08:15 PM
Frank Ch. Eigler

Jose writes:

One does not have to be perfect to recognize imperfection. That
would be an impossible requirement.

No, but before condemning imperfection, a look in the mirror is always
appropriate.

Yes, but then what? This is what I don't understand about the "don't
judge" crowd. Why do you imagine that people don't consider their own
errors before making judgments? Do you think that the only
appropriate response to realizing "Oops, I have screwed up too",
is "I better not say anything about another's big screwup"?

- FChE
Old May 10th 05, 08:37 PM
Jose

Yes, but then what? This is what I don't understand about the "don't
judge" crowd. Why do you imagine that people don't consider their own
errors before making judgments? Do you think that the only
appropriate response to realizing "Oops, I have screwed up too",
is "I better not say anything about another's big screwup"?

There's a difference between "at first sight it looks like the pilot
screwed up", "the pilot royally screwed up - he shouldn't have even been
there", and "the pilot is a flaming idiot for screwing up so totally,
and with a passenger too - sheesh - nobody with half an ounce of brains
would ever do something like that".

All this before it comes out that the pilot had a heart attack, and the
passenger did his best to bring the airplane down quickly and safely.

Jose