followup pirep on Knots 2U wing root fairing

Old July 2nd 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.products
Bob Noel

Default followup pirep on Knots 2U wing root fairing

Previously I had posted that I didn't clearly notice any effect from
the installation of a Knots 2U Wing Root Fairing kit on my cherokee 140.
As part of my BFR I did some slow flight and stalls today. One difference
with the wing root fairings is that it was waaaay easier to fly with the stall
light on. Never before have I been able to keep the stall light on steady for
any significant time, never mind thru the entire task.

Bottomline: it seems that the most noticable effect of the fairings is
lower stall speed.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old July 2nd 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.products
Jay Honeck

Bottomline: it seems that the most noticable effect of the fairings is
lower stall speed.

And it simply makes any Cherokee look better.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 4th 06, 04:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.products
Dave[_1_]

It DOES!

Have new pix for the Gallery Jay!

Dave

Old July 8th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.products
Roger[_2_]

On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 21:39:15 -0400, Bob Noel
wrote:

Previously I had posted that I didn't clearly notice any effect from
the installation of a Knots 2U Wing Root Fairing kit on my cherokee 140.
As part of my BFR I did some slow flight and stalls today. One difference
with the wing root fairings is that it was waaaay easier to fly with the stall
light on. Never before have I been able to keep the stall light on steady for
any significant time, never mind thru the entire task.

Bottomline: it seems that the most noticable effect of the fairings is
lower stall speed.

The Cherokee is the only plane I've every flown that could be flown
through turns using the ailerons while stalled. The Cherokees are
very good and well behaved in slow flight right up to and including
the stall.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old July 8th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.products
john smith

The Cherokee is the only plane I've every flown that could be flown
through turns using the ailerons while stalled. The Cherokees are
very good and well behaved in slow flight right up to and including
the stall.

Straight wing or taper wing?
Old July 8th 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.products

On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 03:03:17 GMT, john smith wrote:

The Cherokee is the only plane I've every flown that could be flown
through turns using the ailerons while stalled. The Cherokees are
very good and well behaved in slow flight right up to and including
the stall.

Straight wing or taper wing?

Both, although I have much more time with the "Hershey Bar", or
constant cord wing which is the much more docile of the two. Higher
sink rate too:-)) In my experience the tapered wing Cherokee is less
forgiving, but still one of the most docile out there when compared to
other 4 place planes.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Roger