NASCAR suing Cessna

Old December 1st 08, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

Default NASCAR suing Cessna

I read earlier today on AvWeb that NASCAR is suing Cessna due to a
310R crashing in July 2007. NASCAR believes the accident was caused by
faulty wiring installed by Cessna when the aircraft was built, back in
1977. (I guess their lawyers don't know about the 17 year statute of
limitations?) Cessna wouldn't comment, but I hope they tell the NASCAR
boys (politely) to stuff it up their arse.

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news..._199306-1.html
Old December 2nd 08, 03:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
More_Flaps

On Dec 2, 4:52*am, Kingfish wrote:
I read earlier today on AvWeb that NASCAR is suing Cessna due to a
310R crashing in July 2007. NASCAR believes the accident was caused by
faulty wiring installed by Cessna when the aircraft was built, back in
1977. (I guess their lawyers don't know about the 17 year statute of
limitations?) Cessna wouldn't comment, but I hope they tell the NASCAR
boys (politely) to stuff it up their arse.

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news..._310_crash_flo...

Sad to hear of a crash but in the case of known defects the decision
to fly and responsibility for what ensues rests with the pilot...
Assuming this to be the case, its a real pity he killed some other
people as well.

Cheers
Old December 2nd 08, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"Kingfish" wrote in message
I read earlier today on AvWeb that NASCAR is suing Cessna due to a
310R crashing in July 2007. NASCAR believes the accident was caused by
faulty wiring installed by Cessna when the aircraft was built, back in
1977. (I guess their lawyers don't know about the 17 year statute of
limitations?) Cessna wouldn't comment, but I hope they tell the NASCAR
boys (politely) to stuff it up their arse.

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news..._199306-1.html

No big surprise, I'm sure the lawsuits are flying over that deal. If the
pilot had a cup in the plane from the Village Pantry they are probably being
sued as well.

Old December 2nd 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Denny

The statue of limitations applies to airplanes/parts built on or after
the effective date of the law...

A statute of limitations will not protect against actual defect of
manufacture - i.e. say they failed to install a bunch of rivets
called for in the engineering drawings...
The actual level of protection of the statute of limitations will be
unknown until it is litigated and precedent case law generated from
that - as is now starting...
Given that dead pilots do not have deep pockets and live manufacturers
do, the manufacturers will continue to be sued by aggressive plaintiff
attornies (are there any other kind?) until the courts rule in favor
of the statute AND start ordering plaintiffs repayment of expenses to
the defendants...
Given that many judges start their careers as ambulance chasing
scumbag lawyers, the "AND" is unlikely...

There are 244,000 private pilots in USA - just 0.08% of the
population... Pilots - and physicians - are not looked on with favor
by either the courts or the politicians... That is just the way it
is... We are a minority viewed as annoying and dangerous... Don't
look for any pat on the back from society... As the USA continues to
become more socialized and more like Europe, flying will continue to
become more restricted, more expensive, and more disfavored... The
golden age for private aviation was from the end of WWII until
sometime in the early 80's... Been downhill from there...

denny
Old December 3rd 08, 08:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 13:52:12 -0800 (PST), Denny
wrote:

[...]

those idiots only matter if you let them.
ignore them totally. go flying!
stuff 'em they're clueless.
take lots of photos flying and bore them to tears by showing really
neat photos that make them jealous.
revel in the fact that your recreational activities scare them
****less. make lots of irritating references to a longing for the days
when sex was safe and aviation was dangerous.
it doesnt take much to really wind them into a tizzie.
a little civil disobedience is good for the spirit.
ridicule works!
Stealth Pilot