(USA) US/Mexico "airspace" (boundary) files available

Old March 26th 10, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Default (USA) US/Mexico "airspace" (boundary) files available

For those of you who fly in the southwest USA, I have created a new
airspace file for the US/Mexico border:

OpenAir format: http://www.justsoar.com/public/opena...ico_border.txt

SUA format: http://www.justsoar.com/public/sua/mexico_border.sua

As usual I have some technical notes to help you sleep:
* SUA (Tim Newport-Peace) supports a BOUNDARY type, but my test
applications (primarily SeeYou) (1) expect the points of all airspaces
to be a closed polygon and (2) do not support an explicit "boundary"
type.
* To address (1), I created points south of the border to create a
real (closed) polygon. It looks odd on a map display but does the job
nicely.
* To address (2), I encoded the airspace as "Prohibited".

Also, I now have a tool that translates SUA airspace files into
OpenAir (txt) format. I used this tool to create the .txt versions of
the above US/Mexico border file and the Luke AFB SATR (see
http://www.justsoar.com/public/luke_satr/). If you have an airspace
file that needs translating you can email it to me and I'll zap it for
you.

Go fly

~ted/2NO
http://www.justsoar.com/
Old March 26th 10, 03:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Tuno wrote:
For those of you who fly in the southwest USA, I have created a new
airspace file for the US/Mexico border:

Thanks, Ted! I hope to fly in that area in June.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA (netto to net to email me)

- "Transponders in Sailplanes - Feb/2010" also ADS-B, PCAS, Flarm http://tinyurl.com/yb3xywl

- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation Mar/2004" Much of what you need to know tinyurl.com/yfs7tnz

Old March 27th 10, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

I have split the border airspace into two more manageable pieces, one
for California/Arizona/New Mexico, the other for Texas (which is a
whole nuther country anyway):

SUA:
http://www.justsoar.com/public/sua/ca_az_nm_mexico.sua
http://www.justsoar.com/public/sua/tx_mexico.sua

OpenAir:
http://www.justsoar.com/public/opena..._nm_mexico.txt
http://www.justsoar.com/public/openair/tx_mexico.txt
Old March 27th 10, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Mar 27, 2:26*pm, Tuno wrote:
I have split the border airspace into two more manageable pieces, one
for California/Arizona/New Mexico, the other for Texas (which is a
whole nuther country anyway):

SUA:http://www.justsoar.com/public/sua/c.../tx_mexico.sua

OpenAir:http://www.justsoar.com/public/opena.../tx_mexico.txt

Excellent ! Not to be greedy, but are you going to
do the Canada border (NH and west anyway, Maine is
true boonies up near the border).
Thanks !
See ya, Dave
Old March 27th 10, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Dave:

Yes, absolutely! After there are 10 more subscribers to
justsoar.com

2NO

ps j/k ... I'll do the northern border as soon as it thaws out.

Yo John: these are static airspace files (meaning I don't think
they'll change until Texas secedes), so please feel free to put them
on WWTP Exchange if you want.