Pre-Buy near Sacramento, CA?

Old November 29th 04, 08:21 PM
Brinks

Default Pre-Buy near Sacramento, CA?

I'm looking at an older 182 out near Sacramento, CA. Any recommendations on
a place to do a pre-buy? Thanks!

Chris

Old November 29th 04, 09:27 PM
Roy Page

I bought an Archer II off Lincoln Airport just NE of SAC and used Bolt-On
Aviation.
Clay Bolton seems to know his stuff.

Roy

Old November 30th 04, 05:37 AM
Brenor Brophy

Its not in Sacramento, but its only 45min away by air. Tom Nickolson at
Tradewinds Aviation in RHV, San Jose. Tradewinds is a Cessna dealer. I did
all my PPL training in their aircraft and now Tom does all the maintenance
on my own 182. Excellent work.

Here is a link:

http://www.tradewindsaviation.com/TWSite/tradewinds.htm

-Brenor

Old November 30th 04, 05:59 AM
Jack Allison

No personal experience (since I don't yet own a plane) but several folks
I've known have used Lincoln Skyways. Tom Camullucci is the guy to ask for.

Brinks wrote:

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL, IA Student, airplane partnership student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old December 2nd 04, 07:55 PM
Robert M. Gary

"Brinks" wrote in message ...
I'm looking at an older 182 out near Sacramento, CA. Any recommendations on
a place to do a pre-buy? Thanks!

Try Ivan Air at Exec. They seem to have a good rep. I've found
AirRepair to take a long time (i.e. charge for more hours than
others).
MainAir in Cameron Park also has a good rep.
As always, manage your A&P down to the minute. Let them know up front
the exact number of hours your are authorizing and that any additional
hours, not cleared through you, will be pro-bono. Put it in writing. I
can't think of anything more important for an aircraft owner to know.
As an owner, I don't mind spending good money for maintenance.
However, I don't like surprises and being taken advantage of.

-Robert
Old December 9th 04, 09:45 PM

Brinks wrote:
I'm looking at an older 182 out near Sacramento, CA. Any recommendations on
a place to do a pre-buy? Thanks!

Chris,

May I suggest Cessna Pilots Association and their captive shop... at
Santa Maria airport? I took my Cessna-206 for pre-purchase from
Stockton to Santa Maria... and in 6 years of ownership, nothing has
happened that was not on the pre-purchase inspection list.

The only thing I would do different is to have an annual inspection
performed by/at CPA that I would pay for. The current owner pays for
airworthyness maintenance to pass the annual, and other discrepencies
become negotiable between the buyer and seller. CPA found $12,000
worth of discrepencies beyond airworthiness, and the seller reduced
his selling price by 1/2 of that. The CPA pre-purchase was worth it!

Cessna Pilots Association
3203 Lightning St
Santa Maria, CA 93455-1898
800 343-6416 Cessna Pilot's Association
805 922-2580 Shop, Adam Halop to schedule rigging

If my phone numbers/contacts are old, see:
http://www.cessna.org/

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocation!" Eberhard

--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jer'at'frii.com WEB http://users.frii.com/jer/