Inflight Emergency -- Definition

Old March 1st 04, 08:24 PM
Nyal Williams

At 16:48 01 March 2004, Todd Pattist wrote:
'Bert Willing'
wrote:

Under German law, this legal right is straightforward:

But it is not so straightforward in the U.S. A pilot
does
not have the right to use and potentially damage the
farmer's property unless he can claim necessity in
order to
avoid potentially more significant loss of life or
injury to
person or property. That risk to life and property
is the
basis for the right in the U.S. to make an outlanding.
Todd Pattist - 'WH' Ventus C
(Remove DONTSPAMME from address to email reply.)

This argument (thread) desperately needs the expertise
of both an attorney to sort out the differences among
FAA regulations, property law, and the difference
between criminal and civil law, and also of a grammarian
to sort out the syntax and bad punctuation, which distorts
the ideas of the respondents.

I'm neither, but I do see the failed communication
on both sides.

Old March 1st 04, 08:40 PM
Jack

On 3/1/04 2:24 PM, in article ,
"Nyal Williams" wrote:

This argument (thread) desperately needs the expertise
of...and...a grammarian to sort out the syntax and bad
punctuation, which distorts the ideas of the respondents.

The parts you quoted indicate none of those failings, and in fact there was
little contentiousness of any kind in them.

Add "reading for meaning" to your list of our shortcomings.

Jack
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old March 1st 04, 08:42 PM
Jack

On 3/1/04 2:40 PM, in article , "Jack"
wrote:

On 3/1/04 2:24 PM, in article ,
"Nyal Williams" wrote:

This argument (thread) desperately needs the expertise
of...and...a grammarian to sort out the syntax and bad
punctuation, which distorts the ideas of the respondents.

Add "reading for meaning" to your list of our shortcomings.

Add also my inability to edit with clarity. Sorry.

Jack
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old March 2nd 04, 07:09 PM
Nyal Williams

At 20:42 01 March 2004, Todd Pattist wrote:
Nyal Williams
wrote:

I'm neither, but I do see the failed communication
on both sides.

What do you think is not being communicated? I think
understand him, and as far as I can tell, he understood
me.
I didn't even think we disagreed.

Todd Pattist - 'WH' Ventus C
(Remove DONTSPAMME from address to email reply.)

This thread is 20 items long; I did not intend to quote
any particular post, but answers back and forth seemed
to me to misinterpret the critical point of the previous
poster. My previous post was not prompted by the post
to which it was attached; it was the whole shmear.