iPAQ 310 Backlight Dimming Issue

Old July 17th 09, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default iPAQ 310 Backlight Dimming Issue

Hi,

I have been successful getting my iPAQ 310's backlight to stay on, but one
of my customers is not having any luck. We played with the backlight
settings both in the street navigation software and in the Windows CE shell.
The unit stays on but the backlight goes dim after less than 1 minute. I
talked with him over the phone and we adjusted the settings in Win CE in the
Windows / Settings / Backlight Control (icon), Display (icon) and Power
(icon) screens.

Has anyone found any other settings that are working for them. Again, my
310 backlight seems to stay on indefinitely, but we set all the same
settings on my customer's unit and it keeps dimming down.

The only thing I can think of is that we may not have been communicating
perfectly when I walked him through the desired settings. Sometimes people
say, "yeah, I got it" when they don't really understand what button to push
or what checkbox to enable. But this customer is sharp.

Thanks,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old July 17th 09, 06:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
weersch[_2_]

Hi Paul
Did you try the instructions on the XCSOAR website of Paolo V.
See:http://www.bware.it/xcsoar/

Works for me no problem.
By the way, XCSOAR runs great in the i310 in portrait mode.

Hans Van Weersch

Old July 17th 09, 06:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
weersch[_2_]

forgot to mention:

XCSOAR automatically sets backlight and sound to max

Hans Van Weersch

Old July 17th 09, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
PCool

As I already told you, Paul, backlight and power schemes are mixed in the
310. You need to adjust them accordingly.
I'll call you skype...

Old July 17th 09, 07:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303[_2_]

"Paul Remde" ha scritto nel ...

[...]

Cumulus Soaring, Inc.- Hide quoted text -

Paul, I hope you will report your findings, as like you my 310's (I
have two) don't seem to be a problem. So if there is some setting
somewhere that is correct by accident in mine but might someday get
changed I would like to know about it.

Did you ever rebuild the registry using the engineering menu to try
and solve any of the issues?

HP IPAQ Backlighting "Feature" Issue and Fix ContestID67[_2_] Soaring 4 July 5th 09 03:12 PM
PA28 Light Dimming Rheostat issues [email protected] Owning 7 May 3rd 08 04:46 PM
Dimming the Icom A200 reid Owning 4 April 24th 07 03:31 PM
Lightnings at War - Backlight.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman Aviation Photos 0 January 8th 07 10:31 PM
FS iPaq Ed Hollestelle Soaring 6 April 28th 05 12:28 AM