Steen Skybolt pre-purchase, northern California

Old August 22nd 03, 07:49 PM
Snowbird

Borislav Deianov wrote in message ...

I understand that. The thing is, it's not like I'm trying to decide
between several similar Skybolt-like types. The airplane I really want
looks nothing like a Skybolt. I'll eventually own what I want but, for
now, I can't afford it. I can, however, afford this share of a
Skybolt. It promises to be a lot of fun to fly, inexpensive to own,
push my limits and teach me a few things.

Well, it sounds as if you're approaching the whole thing with
a very sensible attitude. Instead of the plane which is "Miss Right"
so to speak, enjoy "Miss Right-now"?

OTOH...I don't know what you really want, but, are you sure you
couldn't afford it, in a group situation or partnership? I've
gone so far as searching out nearby owners in Landings, reverse
lookup-ing phone numbers and calling...occasionally someone is
grumpy but usually people looooove to talk about their planes.

(FTR, when we started shopping for a plane, I wanted a Stinson 108-3,
DH wanted a Mooney, and we wound up with a Grumman Tiger which IMHO
was a much better "fit" for the flying we actually do than either
of our "dream planes" would have been)

BUT: I'm still not buying it unless all the details check out. Right
now, a few red flags are going off which make me thing it's more
likely that I won't be buying it.

Again, sounds like you're approaching it from an eminently sensible
perspective.

Followup-To set to rec.aviation.owning.

Google still flagged rah as well, but I'll just send this to rao
then.

Good luck, Boris, please keep us posted on the whole experience --
I'm sure + or - the group would like to hear.

Best,
Sydney
Old August 22nd 03, 11:02 PM
pac plyer

Rich Ahrens wrote in message si.com...
Barnyard BOb -- wrote:
This is "pacy" you ****ing fool. Since you don't do this in your
trailer park, I will spell it out for you: notice that I use my real
name in my post M. Turner. Your such a slow study, I bet you don't
even know what goes on under your own roof.

pacplyer

M. Turner

Maybe so, but you bring it on yorself...

just by being so obnoxious.

Richard

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How come I ain't involved in this somewhere?

Barnyard BOb -- getting too old and cuddly.

Because you're dead???

Not true. Old round motor spray pilots never die. They just get
tangled up in their electrical threads!

pac - liar, whoops I mean

pacplyer - out
Old August 23rd 03, 07:28 AM
Borislav Deianov

Snowbird wrote:

Well, it sounds as if you're approaching the whole thing with
a very sensible attitude. Instead of the plane which is "Miss Right"
so to speak, enjoy "Miss Right-now"?

*rofl* That's exactly right. :-)

Followup-To set to rec.aviation.owning.

Google still flagged rah as well, but I'll just send this to rao
then.

Hmm, Google doesn't seem to respect the Followup-To header. I was just
thinking that threads in RAH tend to spontaneously combust, so I'd
rather keep this out of there while it's not strictly on topic.

Anyway, I heard back from the insurance company. It was pretty good
news - the insurance would only go up $100 if I replace one of the
existing three partners (from $2070 to $2170). I guess it's already on
the high side but it's definitely bearable split three ways.

They also require 3 hours of dual before solo, then 2 hours solo
before I can carry passengers. I think they are out of their minds. My
instructor tells me I'd need about 15 hours of dual, which sounds a
lot more reasonable.

Boris