FAR 91.130 and the Definite Article

Old February 9th 06, 12:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default FAR 91.130 and the Definite Article

In article .com,
says...

The instructor has us do a
180 so as not to intrude on the Class C improperly.

BTW - Hope you did another 180 to get back, after establishing contact
- or did you just go back where you came from? :-)

GF

Old February 9th 06, 12:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Roy Smith wrote:

I had (naively?) assumed he had coordinated with HFD, but apparantly
not. I got the "call me when you land" deal, and when I called, the
tower controller proceeded to rip me a new one on the phone. She
didn't seem interested that I was talking to BDL.

Was that YOU last week? G

I heard someone going around and around with the HFD "Ice Queen" about
mid-day, one day last week.

The conversation started with the usual "Is there an instructor on
board?", and ended with a call the tower after landing request. The a/c
I heard made an initial call to HFD from 2 miles northwest of the field.

Barry
Old February 9th 06, 12:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Marco Leon wrote:
Does ATC even *do* VFR hand-offs to a
Class D tower from flight following?

I've been handed to HFD & BAF from BDL, EWB from PVD, and SWF from NYC
to name a few, but most of the time it's squawk VFR, frequency change
approved, and off you go.
Old February 9th 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article ,
B a r r y wrote:

Roy Smith wrote:

I had (naively?) assumed he had coordinated with HFD, but apparantly
not. I got the "call me when you land" deal, and when I called, the
tower controller proceeded to rip me a new one on the phone. She
didn't seem interested that I was talking to BDL.

Was that YOU last week? G

No, this was a couple of months ago.
Old February 9th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Roy Smith wrote:

I let the HFD tower controller vent (and mostly restricted my

Why can't I ever have this happen to me? I would let her go on for a
few minutes like you did and then tear her a new one. I know the rules
and I will tell her what paragraph to go look at in the .65.

Old February 9th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

wrote:

That pretty much established the rules to me; I believe you could be
busted.

No way.

Old February 9th 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Gene Seibel wrote:

I was approaching Rockford frome the north and apparently nicked the
very edge of Janeville Class D while talking to Rockford Approach the
whole time and Rockford jumped all over me about it.

Then tell him what the rules are.

Old February 9th 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I guess the question is whether a controller's failure to comply with
..65 in any way effects a VFR pilot's reponsbility to comply with
91.130.

Old February 9th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Roy Smith" wrote in message
Larry Dighera wrote:
On 8 Feb 2006 14:05:06 -0800, "Mike Granby" wrote in
.com::

Does this mean THE specific ATC facility controlling the Class
C airspace?

The ATC facility in question would be that facility providing Approach
Control services.

I had a bizarre experience a while ago along these lines. Had VFR
flight following from Bradley Approach into Hartford/Brainard.

Getting close to the edge of Hartford's Class D, I tried to get the
controller's attention to ask for a frequency change, but the freq was
busy and I couldn't break in. Eventually, I found a hole and he
turned me over to HFD tower, but by that time I was deep in the CDAS.

I had (naively?) assumed he had coordinated with HFD, but apparantly
not. I got the "call me when you land" deal, and when I called, the
tower controller proceeded to rip me a new one on the phone. She
didn't seem interested that I was talking to BDL. I pointed out that
I couldn't just drop off BDL's freq without permission, and she asked
me if I had two radios in the plane, and said I should have called
them on the second one.

I didn't think one needed permission to change freqs (or anything else for
that matter) while receiving flight following.