Baby Bush will be Closing Airports in California to VFR Flight Again

Old March 2nd 04, 06:42 PM
Larry Dighera

Default Baby Bush will be Closing Airports in California to VFR Flight Again

Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 11:11:31 -0500
Subject: AOPA ePilot -- California Airspace Bulletin
AOPA ePilot Special Airspace Bulletin March 2, 2004

A special notice to AOPA members in California

== ATTENTION PILOTS ==

FAA TO ESTABLISH TFRs OVER LOS ANGELES, SANTA CLARA, AND BAKERSFIELD
AOPA is sending this message to advise pilots in California that
President Bush will be making a series of campaign stops in the state
tomorrow and Thursday. His visit will be accompanied by many flight
restrictions.

Beginning in Los Angeles, there will be a large
30-nautical-mile-radius
temporary flight restriction (TFR) with three 10-nm-radius general
aviation no-fly zones. The TFR will be centered on the LAX VOR's
11-degree radial at 8.7 miles and extend to Flight Level 180. It
will be in effect from 12:25 p.m. local on Wednesday, March 3, to
9 a.m. local on Thursday, March 4. The three no-fly zones will have
different effective times within that period. See AOPA Online for the
full text of the notam
(
http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/notams.html#4/1648 ).

The affected public-use airports for Los Angles are Santa Monica
Municipal (SMO), Los Angeles International (LAX), Jack Northrop
Field/Hawthorne Municipal (HHR), Bob Hope (BUR), Van Nuys (VNY),
Compton/Woodley (CPM), Whiteman (WHP), Zamperini Field (TOA), El Monte
(EMT), Long Beach/Daugherty Field (LGB), Fullerton Municipal (FUL),
Agua Dulce Airpark (L70), and Brackett Field (POC).

In Bakersfield, there will be a 30-nm-radius TFR with one GA
no-fly zone. The TFR will be centered on the EHF VOR's 138-degree
radial at 4.6 miles from 8:40 a.m. to 11:20 a.m. local on Thursday,
March 4. The 10-nm no-fly zone will be active during that same
timeframe. See the full text of the notam
( http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/notams.html#4/1650 ).

The affected public-use airports for Bakersfield are Meadows Field
(BFL), Bakersfield Municipal (L45), Shafter-Minter Field (MIT),
Poso-Kern County (L73), Wasco-Kern County (L19), Elk
Hills-Buttonwillow
(L62), Delano Municipal (DLO), and Taft-Kern County (L17).

And in Santa Clara, there will be a 30-nm-radius TFR with three 10-nm
GA no-fly zones. The TFR will be centered on the SJC VOR's 306-degree
radial at 2.4 miles from 11:20 a.m. to 2:25 p.m. local on Thursday,
March 4. The three GA no-fly zones will have different effective times
within that period. See the full text of the notam
( http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/notams.html#4/1649 ).

The affected public-use airports for Santa Clara are Norman Y. Mineta
San Jose International (SJC), Palo Alto Airport of Santa Clara County
(PAO), Reid-Hillview of Santa Clara County (RHV), San Carlos (SQL),
Hayward Executive (HWD), Livermore Municipal (LVK), Metropolitan
Oakland International (OAK), San Francisco International (SFO), Half
Moon Bay (HAF), South County Airport of Santa Clara County (Q99),
Watsonville Municipal (WVI), Byron (C83), and Tracy Municipal (TCY).

Because TFR airspace frequently changes, AOPA strongly encourages
pilots to obtain a briefing and CHECK NOTAMS before every flight. TFR
violators will be intercepted and forced to land.

== HELPFUL WEB LINKS ==

AOPA's Real-Time Flight Planner provides up-to-the-minute graphical
depictions of TFRs ( http://www.aopa.org/flight_planner/ ).
Check the FAA's TFR Web site ( http://tfr.faa.gov ).

Download the AOPA Air Safety Foundation's intercept procedures card
( http://download.aopa.org/epilot/2003/intercept.pdf )or review ASF's
"Know Before You Go" program ( http://www.aopa.org/asf/know_before/ ).

== MAKE SURE YOU'RE PROTECTED ==

SIGN UP FOR AOPA'S LEGAL SERVICES PLAN
Because of the heavy call volume from members and the changing climate
for FAA regulations and increased vigilance, we want to remind you to
consider the AOPA Legal Services Plan protection. For more information
or to start your coverage immediately, call 800/USA-AOPA or visit AOPA
Online ( http://www.aopa.org/info/legalservices7/ ).

== CONTACTING AOPA ==

Having difficulty using this service?
Contact ( ).

AOPA, 421 Aviation Way, Frederick, Maryland 21701.
Telephone: 800/USA-AOPA or 301/695-2000
Copyright (c) 2004. Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association.

Old March 2nd 04, 07:03 PM
Cecil E. Chapman

Yeah,,, just saw it.... Naturally it has to be on the day of my Instrument
Lesson (I'm prepping for a checkride), I fly out of RHV :-(

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL
Student-IASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

Old March 3rd 04, 02:19 AM
CriticalMass

Larry,

For pete's sake (and all the rest of our sakes), give "Baby Bush" a rest
- HERE.

You've well established your anti-Bush political bias in this ng, and,
I imagine, in as many other places as you can. I'm tired of it. I bet
some others are, too. We don't come to this ng to hear about your hate
for "Baby Bush".

This isn't a political forum - get it? There ARE political forums. GO
THERE, when you want to bash "Baby Bush".

We come here to talk about aviation, not "Baby Bush, or any other
politician making news..

To address your specific bitch in this instance, "Baby Bush" is causing
no more inconvenience to GA with his travels and the resulting TFRs than
would any other individual in the same position.

Get over it. Cease and desist with your waste of ng bandwidth.

Old March 3rd 04, 09:45 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"CriticalMass" wrote in message
Larry,

For pete's sake (and all the rest of our sakes), give "Baby Bush" a rest
- HERE.

You've well established your anti-Bush political bias in this ng, and,
I imagine, in as many other places as you can. I'm tired of it. I bet
some others are, too. We don't come to this ng to hear about your hate
for "Baby Bush".

I wonder where he was when Bubba shut down all LA traffic for two hours
while getting a haircut.

This isn't a political forum - get it? There ARE political forums. GO
THERE, when you want to bash "Baby Bush".

We come here to talk about aviation, not "Baby Bush, or any other
politician making news..

To address your specific bitch in this instance, "Baby Bush" is causing
no more inconvenience to GA with his travels and the resulting TFRs than
would any other individual in the same position.

Get over it. Cease and desist with your waste of ng bandwidth.

Any port in a storm.

Old March 3rd 04, 04:05 PM
Larry Dighera

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 01:45:47 -0700, "Tom Sixkiller"
wrote in Message-Id: :

I wonder where he was when Bubba shut down all LA traffic for two hours
while getting a haircut.

He was governing Texas as I recall. :-)

Not to defend Clinton, but how often did what you assert occur? Was
it a regular fact of life or a single incident?

Old March 3rd 04, 04:54 PM
Larry Dighera

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 19:19:33 -0600, CriticalMass wrote
in Message-Id: :

Larry,

For pete's sake (and all the rest of our sakes), give "Baby Bush" a rest
- HERE.

I wasn't aware that you had been elected spokesman for ALL of
rec.aviation.piloting. :-)

You've well established your anti-Bush political bias in this ng, and,
I imagine, in as many other places as you can. I'm tired of it.

Perhaps YOU would like to take _responsibility_ for the content of
this newsgroup to which YOU are exposed, and filter out all the
phrases and authors YOU find unpalatable. Or are you really just
looking for an excuse to attack me publicly.

I bet some others are, too. We don't come to this ng to hear about your hate
for "Baby Bush".

The only time the word 'hate' has been used in this thread (until now)
is by you. You can characterize my article as hateful if that is how
you perceive it, but the fact is, it's merely FACTUAL. The hate you
perceive is yours; please don't project it onto me.

Perhaps it is baby Bush's audacious airspace grabs that are TRULY
hateful in their arrogant disregard for those he serves.

The notice I posted is on-topic for this newsgroup. Thank you for not
taking exception to the content of my article, as it contains solely
the words of AOPA. The statement made in the article's Subject is
also valid.

To what is it specifically, that you object? Or are you even capable
of articulating your specific objection? Please provide a quote of
the text you find offending from the article that started this message
thread, or apologize.

Perhaps you can point out the modicum of _information_ you provided in
your followup article to which I am replying. I am completely unable
to find any on-topic information in it at all. It seems just an
immature, groundless, publicly taunting rant.

This isn't a political forum - get it? There ARE political forums. GO
THERE, when you want to bash "Baby Bush".

IF A POLITICIAN AFFECTS THE NAS, THAT'S ON TOPIC -- GET IT?

We come here to talk about aviation, not "Baby Bush, or any other
politician making news..

And you'll notice that the topic of my article is related to the
Presidential TFRs, not political news. Please explain how you feel
TFRs are not aviation related? :-)

It seems that it is you who wishes to raise the issue of the political
nature of this airspace grab. I was content to simply provide the TFR
information for any airmen who might be affected by it, but if you
insist on debating the political aspect, perhaps I can accommodate
you.

To address your specific bitch in this instance, "Baby Bush" is causing
no more inconvenience to GA with his travels and the resulting TFRs than
would any other individual in the same position.

Oh, now you're prescient! How thoughtful of you to share your gift.
:-)

Your complete lack of authority to make such a ridiculous, presumptive
statement about how another individual might act in the future reveals
your obvious lack of critical thinking on this issue. How can you
possibly know what will happen in the future? You don't.

Considering the precedent the President and his gang has now set, the
future is most likely to bring ever more and larger TFRs if the next
president is as uninformed as baby Bush is. Bush's question,
regarding why he wasn't landing at Meigs (shortly after its midnight
destruction) showed how unconcerned he is about GA. Perhaps a GA
pilot in the White House might mitigate such onerous offences against
the NAS.

Get over it.

I find it difficult to get over a Temporary Flight Restriction that
exceeds 3,000 square miles in area. Perhaps you don't have a problem
with it, but AOPA and I do. This huge TFR that surrounds the leader
of the free world is unreasonable, absurd, and an arrogant intrusion
on the rights of the public whom he serves.

Perhaps your prescience will provide an answer to the question, "will
political TFRs increase or decrease in size and number in the future?"
:-)

Cease and desist with your waste of ng bandwidth.

Your imperious attempt at groundless censorship, in this most
egalitarian of public forums, reveals your oppressive totalitarian
proclivity.

Old March 3rd 04, 05:19 PM
Cecil E. Chapman

In an effort towards 'full disclosure' I would be remiss in pointing out
that during one of Clinton's visits he effectively shut down San Carlos
Airport for nearly a week.... and I say this being a great Clinton fan.

=-----

Old March 3rd 04, 05:21 PM
Cecil E. Chapman

Well said! And you are certainly on-topic considering what has been going
on with the pop-tfr's all around our country .

=-----

"

Old March 3rd 04, 06:05 PM
John T

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

The notice I posted is on-topic for this newsgroup. ...
The statement made in the article's Subject is
also valid.

While the content of your post may have been on-topic, your adjectives (ie,
"Baby Bush") is what paints it in a negative light - and the subject line
content was entirely yours.

Further, your subject was not valid since Bush does not make the decision to
close any airspace much less airports due to his travel. Those decisions
are made by bureaucrats - ones that exist regardless of the party
affiliation of the sitting President.

Now, if you'd left out the derogatory "Baby Bush", I'm sure you wouldn't
have engendered the ire of "CriticalMass".

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer

Old March 3rd 04, 06:32 PM
Javier Henderson

"Tom Sixkiller" writes:

"CriticalMass" wrote in message
I wonder where he was when Bubba shut down all LA traffic for two hours
while getting a haircut.

Not all LAX traffic was shut down for two hours. It was a boneheaded
move for sure, and it caused some inconvenience, but it wasn't as bad
as the stories make it up to be.

At any rate, that was just one airport. These 30 nm TFR's are shutting
down a lot of airports.

-jav

American nazi pond scum, version two bushite kills bushite Naval Aviation 0 December 21st 04 11:46 PM
Hey! What fun!! Let's let them kill ourselves!!! [email protected] Naval Aviation 2 December 17th 04 10:45 PM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 05:26 PM
God Honest Naval Aviation 2 July 24th 03 04:45 AM