Question about GNII

Old December 19th 04, 03:59 PM
Joseph L. Hyde

Default Question about GNII

I have a couple of ipaq 3765's and two copies GNII. (yes both paid for and
legal) Both are used on a CAI 302. One is coded to the CAI 302 and the
other to the IPAQ I just purchased a navman and I am having trouble getting
GNII to work with it. I am using it on the IPAQ coded copy of the software.
It detects the gps but just stays in "waiting for GPS" Anyone with any
experience with this????

Joe Hyde

Old December 19th 04, 05:54 PM

Joe,

I had a NAVMAN before I got my GPS-NAV and GNII. The NAVMAN outputs the
NMEA stream on COM 6. I worked with Henryk to get his program, GPS_LOG,
to accept the NAVMAN output. You may need to work with Paul Remde to
get GNII to recognize COM 6.

I haven't tried the NAVMAN/GNII combo.

Hope this helps.

Bill Richardson
4W

Old December 20th 04, 06:10 PM
Paul Remde

Hi,

There are 2 issue when using the NAVMAN. First, you must have the correct
comm port selected. The number of the comm port depends on the Pocket PC,
not the NAVMAN. You can use a free utility called "Crux_View.exe" to
determine which comm port is used to get NAVMAN data into your Pocket PC.
The utility is available he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/gps.htm

The recent beta versions of Glide Navigator II allow you to select an comm
port (1 through 9).

The 2nd issue is the baud rate. The NAVMAN sends GPS data at a high rate
(57 K I believe) - it does not comply with the NMEA specification for 4800
baud. Glide Navigator II does not currently allow the selection of a high
baud rate. It should be easy to add that feature but we haven't yet because
every other GPS I've used works at 4800 baud - and I've tested many, many
GPS units.

Let me know if you need to have us add the 57 k baud rate option to GN II
and I'll see what we can do.

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

"basils27" wrote in message
news:1103539678.412728adf97c4f4f9f6ce4046f571aa0@t eranews...
Even once you have selected the correct com port you may have to change

the
speed from 4800 to 57600 (I think) for the Navman.

Basil

"Mal" wrote in message
I am having probs with Navman as well is it a navman PIN

"John Galloway" wrote in message
The newer versions of GN11 software offer the facility
to select Com ports 1 to 9 on the PDA

Johnn Galloway