Soaring Art

Old December 21st 04, 04:44 PM
Mike

Default Soaring Art

I am looking for a source of good quality (suitable for framing)
soaring prints/posters. I have received permission to hang such things
on the walls of one room of a newly purchased home. Thanks.

Mike
ASW15

Old December 21st 04, 06:44 PM

Since you included posters... several if not all of the photographs
printed in the oversized calendar by Claus-Dieter Zink are worthy of
framing and hanging as art.

If you are located in the US, you may find reduced shipping charges by
buying the calendar, as I did, through K&G (http://www.eglider.org/).
Preview the images at Zink's web-site
(http://www.fotokalender-segelfliegen.de/), although the web doesn't do
justice to the prints.

Old December 21st 04, 06:53 PM
Malcolm Austin

I would 2nd the opinion given by your other reply. I have the 2003 calendar
still
on my wall in the "shack/office" just because the pictures wonderful

The size of the pictures are 24" wide by 18" high by the way, hopefully not
too
big to be allowed by "her in-doors" :-)

Malcolm...

oups.com...

Old December 21st 04, 08:02 PM
OscarCVox

I am looking for a source of good quality (suitable for framing)
soaring prints/posters

try white planes picture co on www.whiteplanes.com They can print them to
whatever size you like and ship them.
Old December 21st 04, 08:04 PM
Edward Lockhart

Neil Lawson's pictures are well known from S & G and
the ras calendar:

http://www.whiteplanes.com

Ed

Old December 22nd 04, 12:14 AM
ZASoars

A number of years back Joe Emmons of St.Louis produced and sold many very good
watercolor paintings of gliders and gliding scenes . You might enquire as to
whether he still does,

ZA.
Old December 22nd 04, 02:06 AM
Doug Snyder

lots of nice pics.

For my money, you can't beat the soaring birds.

Will our technology ever be that good ?

Doug

Old December 22nd 04, 03:51 AM

Mike,

I am very priviledged to own a colored pencil work of a Blanik L13 by
Mike Machat named El Sinor Sunset. I highly recommend that you search
out Mike's soaring art - you won't be disappointed. In fact, I'd like
to have another example of Mike's soaring art to enjoy!

Steve Pawling
Tehachapi, CA