Aircraft purchase scam

Old November 10th 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Aircraft purchase scam

This sounds all very fishy to me.

I am not interested in proceeding with this transaction.

Jean-Pierre Harrison

John Kingsbury wrote:
I will settle for the price. I truly appreciate your
effort and time in all. I hope you are not supposed to
be collecting any extra fee from me? I regret to state
that I won\'t be able to come over to view the
aircraft, as we have just concluded our meeting here
in the UK and I have been handed a letter of transfer
that commences from tomorrow.

Am sending you a comprehensive mail with the way
things are going to go through because I have just
been posted out of the state to Western Europe for
official responsibilities (W.H.O.)

The shipping and moving firm will have to meet with
the owner of the aircraft but I know there won\'t be
any transaction unless you have given my words and
approval.

Payment has been drawn out to your name so as to
proceed with this transaction. A check/ Bank Draft of
$145,000 will be sent to you, you will take 20% of it
as deposit for the airplane just to make sure that it
is not sold to any other person, and to pull off the
ads on any advert that it might have posted on.

You will make sure the rest are been remitted to the
shipping and Moving Firm so as to enable them carry
out all the inspections and rightful responsibilities
as regards to this transaction, because they have
confirmed to me that unless they receive some part
payment ASAP. They won\'t be coming over to the state.

As soon as they confirm the status of the transaction
successful and approved by government that is after
going through inspections and all legal proper
documentaries the complete funds for the aircraft will
be wired into your nominated account before the
release of the title or the change of ownership
documents.

I will need you to provide me with either your company
name or name and address that will be attention to the
check/Bank Draft.

Thanks for your understanding and effort.

Please keep me advised as to any additional
requirements you have.

Respectfully John.

--- Jean-Pierre Harrison escribió:

Dear Mr. Kingsbury,

I am reachable via one of the two telephone numbers
listed. If you do reach me on one number, then try the other.

The minimum price for the aircraft is $165, 000.

There are plenty of photographs and all specs of the
aircraft at www.n614jd.info. I don\'t really know what additional
photographs or specs you are asking for or what else to send.

My schedule is open so please feel free to pick and
day and time to view the aircraft.

Jean-Pierre Harrison

281/658-2891 cell
408/872-1257 home

John Kingsbury wrote:

Jean.
Thanks for you response. I think need the plane,

am

actually purchasing this airplane for my wife has

gift for her upcoming birthday and will not want

disappoint. I will need you contact phone number

were

you can be reached at all times.

Do send me more pics and specs of the aircraft and
Kindly state the bottom price for the airplane I

would

need us to set up a meeting so that I can take a

good

look at it before we proceed.

Currently am attending a summit in the UK with

W.H.O

but hopefully I should be done by Monday so

anytime

from then will be ok with me.

I await your response ASAP.

Kingsbury.
--- jp escribió:

Dear Mr. Kingsbury,

Twin Comanche is still available.
Details at www.n614jd.info.

Price $165,000.

Aircraft is in excellent conditions, squawk free,
and ready to fly.

Any of the payment methods you mentioned are fine
with me.

Any date for your viewing is fine.

My home address:

11835 Skyline Blvd.
Los Gatos, CA 95033
home: 408/872-1257
cell: 281/658-2891 (does not work when I am at

home

in the mountains)

Aircraft based at Palo Alto Airport, Palo Alto,

CA,

(KPAO)

I am a high time CFI/CFII/MEI if you need dual
instruction in the aircraft.

Thank you.

Jean-Pierre Harrison

Old December 4th 07, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

This IS a scam, I just received the exact same message regarding my
airplane, but with $295,000 instead of your $145,000. I think I'll
reply to him just so I can waste his shipping fees. Nobody buys an
airplane without having first looked at it and talked to the owner on
the phone.

DT

Old December 5th 07, 01:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
randall g

John Kingsbury wrote:

Payment has been drawn out to your name so as to
proceed with this transaction. A check/ Bank Draft of
$145,000 will be sent to you, you will take 20% of it
as deposit for the airplane just to make sure that it
is not sold to any other person, and to pull off the
ads on any advert that it might have posted on.

You will make sure the rest are been remitted to the
shipping and Moving Firm so as to enable them carry
out all the inspections and rightful responsibilities
as regards to this transaction, because they have
confirmed to me that unless they receive some part
payment ASAP. They won\'t be coming over to the state.

How the scam works is they send you an international cheque for the
$145K. It is a forgery. You deposit it, keep your 20% and give the rest
to the scammer or his associate. Your bank does not find out the cheque
is no good for a few weeks. By then they have vanished with your money.

randall g =%^) PPASEL+Night 1974 Cardinal RG
http://www.telemark.net/randallg
Lots of aerial photographs of British Columbia at:
http://www.telemark.net/randallg/photos.htm
Vancouver's famous Kat Kam: http://www.katkam.ca
Old December 5th 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"randall g" wrote in message
How the scam works is they send you an international cheque for the
$145K. It is a forgery. You deposit it, keep your 20% and give the rest
to the scammer or his associate. Your bank does not find out the cheque
is no good for a few weeks. By then they have vanished with your money.

There are variations on this.

Another scam - if someone comes to your front door saying they are checking
for ticks due to the change in the weather and asks you to take your clothes
off and dance around with your arms up, DO NOT DO IT!! They only want to
see you naked!

I wish I'd gotten this yesterday. I feel so stupid!

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old December 5th 07, 05:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt W. Barrow

"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk at wow way d0t com wrote in message
news:UcydnZ2R07WCm8vanZ2dnUVZ_gKdnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
"randall g" wrote in message
How the scam works is they send you an international cheque for the
$145K. It is a forgery. You deposit it, keep your 20% and give the rest
to the scammer or his associate. Your bank does not find out the cheque
is no good for a few weeks. By then they have vanished with your money.

There are variations on this.

Another scam - if someone comes to your front door saying they are
checking for ticks due to the change in the weather and asks you to take
your clothes off and dance around with your arms up, DO NOT DO IT!!
They only want to see you naked!

I wish I'd gotten this yesterday. I feel so stupid!

Especially when you had to wash the vomit off your front steps. :~)

Old December 5th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

How the scam works is they send you an international cheque for the
$145K. It is a forgery. You deposit it, keep your 20% and give the rest
to the scammer or his associate. Your bank does not find out the cheque
is no good for a few weeks. By then they have vanished with your money.

Hey, we see a similar scam at the hotel. It's always a British
"doctor" who wishes to reserve 15 suites for thus and such a period of
time, but can't be bothered with on-line booking agents like
Travelocity.

He'll promise to send me "X" thousands of dollars, which I must send
20% of to someone else because of...well, you get the point.

I used to string 'em on for weeks, just for fun. Now I just delete
'em.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old December 7th 07, 12:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Denny

The other issue that none of the gullible ever think of, is that if
the deal were "real" they will owe city, state, and federal, income
taxes on the entire amount... Since a sudden extra 100K or 200K, or
whatever, passed through their hands they are also now subject to AMT
in addition...
Oh well, someone pointed out that no one ever went bankrupt from
estimating the stupidity of the american public...

denny

Aircraft purchase scam Vaughn Simon Owning 0 November 10th 07 12:58 AM
FAA EEO SCAM FAA EEO General Aviation 0 October 6th 07 04:43 PM
SCAM [email protected] Soaring 0 August 26th 05 12:26 AM
web scam ? Chip Fitzpatrick Soaring 0 August 10th 04 11:54 AM
10 Best Ways to Justify Your Aircraft Purchase Patty Owning 5 July 15th 03 03:00 PM