(OT) TN NG 287th ACR mobilized first since Korean War:

Old May 13th 04, 06:50 AM
CallsignZippo

Default (OT) TN NG 287th ACR mobilized first since Korean War:

The 287 Armored Cav is being fully mobilzed for the first time since
the Korean War. Process dates June 6th - 26.
Deployment location has not been made public, however, the regiment
completed desert combat maneuvers at the ANTC (Mohave) back in '92.

On a related matter, why do we continue to "dick" around with
Fallujah, Ramadi, and Najaf? Is it possible that a decesion has been
made that there just is not enough ground pounders in the box to carry
it off?

Stopping offensive operations in and around Fallujah was a major
mistake IMHO and could not have been taken well by the JarHeads and
Grunts who paid a steep price for that real estate. We are going to
be there forever, if we don't start fighting this as an actual war,
balls to the wall. The sooner we can at least regain some order in
Iraq, we can concentrate on Afghanistan and areas of Pakistan, where
there are a lot SOB's with American blood on thier hands.

Rico