ASH 26E VS DG 808C

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 2nd 06, 10:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rory O'Conor

Default ASH 26E VS DG 808C

I would like to see more potential to store luggage to enable better
safari trips.
=20
I can already sto
Charts
Fuel pump
Small sleeping bag
Small tie-downs
Bottle engine oil
Toothbrush
=20
(assuming I leave the oxygen behind).
=20
But this is not really enough for a long trip.
=20
I think that the new SLMG should both be potentially competitive for
competition flying and also have sufficient storage to enable a 2-4 week
unsupported safari with a modicum of comfort.
=20
I would like to be able to also sto
a fuel container
a laptop computer
several chargers (batteries, mobile phone, computer etc)
some clothes
a pair of shoes
possibly a bigger sleeping bag
possibly even a karrimat and bivy bag
maybe a few tools=20
=20
I am sure that there is potentially usable space in the control area
next to the fuel tank, wheel box with access from behind the seat.
And maybe it is possible to make a seatback cushion that has space to
store a laptop.
And someone should sell a collapsible fuel container.
Possibly a sleeping bag storage area in the rear fuselage accessible via
the engine bay.
Maybe even potential for some in-wing storage areas.
=20
ps: I would also like more room in the instrument panel. I have no
transponder, nor FLARM nor IPAC, but with Horizon and T&S my panel is
full.
=20
Rory
DG800B
=20
Author:
=20
Date/Time: 00:00 02 November 2006

One of my original questions was since both these designs are over 12
years old (normal life span for a design) what changes would you like
to see in future designs? And when do you expect a new self launch
motor glider design to come on the market?

=20