Any flying clubs out there with 6 seater retracts?

Old December 24th 04, 07:44 PM
Paul Tomblin

Default Any flying clubs out there with 6 seater retracts?

And have you gotten the bad news about insurance yet? We've had to
restrict the number of pilots on our Lance and institute an annual
training program for them.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
AFAICT, most national capitals have already reached bogon criticality,

Old December 24th 04, 09:27 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Peter MacPherson" said:
What's involved in the annual training program?

2-3 hours of ground school with emphasis on gear and prop emergency
procedures.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Unix is great. The Unix culture is magnificent. Life in a Unix without
Old December 24th 04, 11:56 PM
BTIZ

sounds like a standard plan for the BFR... just a pain to do it every two
years..

this months AOPA Mag as an article that AOPAIA is now extending insurance to
clubs, because many insurance companies are dropping clubs. Is it a club? or
is it "multiple owners"

BT

Old December 25th 04, 01:20 AM
BTIZ

sounds like a standard plan for the BFR... just a pain to do it every two
years..

sorry.. I meant to say.. a pain to do it every year..

Old December 25th 04, 03:37 AM
SAC

We just switched to AOPAIA this month for the same reason with AVEMCO and
our Lance.

www.glendaleflying.com

news02zd.25897$QR1.7575@fed1read04...

Old December 25th 04, 06:16 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "SAC" said:
We just switched to AOPAIA this month for the same reason with AVEMCO and
our Lance.

Yeah, our insurance is due with Avemco on the 31st, and we only found out
about AOPAIA today. I'm hoping we can switch, because right now Avemco
will allow fewer named pilots on our Lance than we have people who want to
fly the Lance.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
I think I have a new personal rule: Never watch anything which includes
Old December 25th 04, 06:42 AM
Ben Jackson

In article ,
Paul Tomblin wrote:
Yeah, our insurance is due with Avemco on the 31st, and we only found out
about AOPAIA today. I'm hoping we can switch, because right now Avemco
will allow fewer named pilots on our Lance than we have people who want to
fly the Lance.

It's a shame you can't buy the Insurance Aviation Rulebook to go along
with the FARs and the AIM. It'd be nice to know what the hell to expect.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old December 25th 04, 05:17 PM
Mike Granby

Weird. AOPA couldn't get close to AVEMCO's price for my PA-32R-301.