Phantom

Old October 30th 08, 08:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

Default Phantom

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3878 copy.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	30147
Old October 30th 08, 10:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine[_3_]

"Glenn" wrote in message

I didn't think there were any F-4's still flying.

Old October 30th 08, 11:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

Alan Erskine wrote:
"Glenn" wrote in message

I didn't think there were any F-4's still flying.

This is a QF-4, a target drone.

Old October 30th 08, 12:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
m...
Alan Erskine wrote:
"Glenn" wrote in message

I didn't think there were any F-4's still flying.

This is a QF-4, a target drone.

No it's not. Although I do have a few photos of them from Arizona. But this
one is still actively flying as part of the Heritage flight.
I think.

Old October 30th 08, 01:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

Glenn wrote:

This is a QF-4, a target drone.
No it's not. Although I do have a few photos of them from Arizona.
But this one is still actively flying as part of the Heritage flight.
I think.

I think you're wrong. 74-1622 was at Oshkosh last July. It's an F-4E
converted to a QF-4E operated by the 82nd Aerial Target Squadron at Tyndall
AFB. That's the only USAF unit operating the F-4, but they are QF-4s in the
role of aerial targets. They have a Detachment at Hollomon AFB in support
of White Sands.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1123715F.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	30161  Click image for larger version

Name:	0919188.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	406.8 KB
ID:	30162
Attached Images

Old October 30th 08, 06:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

Glenn wrote:

This is a QF-4, a target drone.
No it's not. Although I do have a few photos of them from Arizona.
But this one is still actively flying as part of the Heritage flight.
I think.

I think you're wrong. 74-1622 was at Oshkosh last July. It's an F-4E
converted to a QF-4E operated by the 82nd Aerial Target Squadron at
Tyndall AFB. That's the only USAF unit operating the F-4, but they are
QF-4s in the role of aerial targets. They have a Detachment at Hollomon
AFB in support of White Sands.

Well, wouldn't be my first time being wrong.
I thought the QF had orange paint applied to be identified as such.

Old October 31st 08, 01:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bean Counter NC

The Collings Foundation has a F-4D flying.

Vietnam Ace Steve Richie was flying her at one time.

http://www.collingsfoundation.org/Ho...-4dphantom.htm

Also see some good pictues of this beatiful bird flying.

http://www.richard-seaman.com/Aircra...Air/index.html

Old October 31st 08, 02:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 06:50:39 -0400, Alan Erskine wrote
(in article ):

"Glenn" wrote in message

I didn't think there were any F-4's still flying.

Not surprisingly, you're wrong.

BTW... Have you ever got around to reporting my 'forged' headers to Newsguy?
Didn't think so.

Old October 31st 08, 08:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Steven[_3_]

Glenn,

The picture shows a QF-4E.
The giveaway is the horizontal thingie atop the fincap, and the two
antennas on the spine, between the ARN-101 antenna and the tail.

Hth

Steven