At The Movies - Airport 75.jpg (1/1)

Old May 9th 09, 01:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_4_]

Default At The Movies - Airport 75.jpg (1/1)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Airport 75.jpg (114.0 KB, 34 views)
Old May 9th 09, 11:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bill & Ange

AMC has been running the 'Airport' series lately.
Airport '79 was at the very least a chance to see the Concorde in house
markings. It was a laugh to see it do barrel rolls and loops...

"Mitchell Holman" wrote in message
. 130...

Old May 9th 09, 11:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Richard Brooks[_2_]

Bill & Ange said the following on 09/05/2009 23:14:
AMC has been running the 'Airport' series lately.
Airport '79 was at the very least a chance to see the Concorde in house
markings. It was a laugh to see it do barrel rolls and loops...

In reality Concorde had done a barrel roll in tests as was mentioned
in an old tv series called Reaching For The Skies. Shame it wasn't
filmed but I think that a 747 in tests which also did a barrel roll
was filmed.
Old May 31st 09, 03:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dr.Smith

"Richard Brooks" wrote in message
Bill & Ange said the following on 09/05/2009 23:14:
AMC has been running the 'Airport' series lately.
Airport '79 was at the very least a chance to see the Concorde in house
markings. It was a laugh to see it do barrel rolls and loops...

In reality Concorde had done a barrel roll in tests as was mentioned in an
old tv series called Reaching For The Skies. Shame it wasn't filmed but I
think that a 747 in tests which also did a barrel roll was filmed.

Interesting note: The Concorde (F-BTSC) used in the film was the same
aircraft that crashed.

Old May 31st 09, 10:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_5_]

Default Concorde Barrel Roll

"Dr.Smith" wrote in message

"Richard Brooks" wrote in message
Bill & Ange said the following on 09/05/2009 23:14:
AMC has been running the 'Airport' series lately.
Airport '79 was at the very least a chance to see the Concorde in house
markings. It was a laugh to see it do barrel rolls and loops...

In reality Concorde had done a barrel roll in tests as was mentioned in
an old tv series called Reaching For The Skies. Shame it wasn't filmed
but I think that a 747 in tests which also did a barrel roll was filmed.

Interesting note: The Concorde (F-BTSC) used in the film was the same
aircraft that crashed.

If anyone is interested, there is a video on YouTube with one of the pilots
talking about barrel rolling a Concorde. I'm a Concorde nut and thought I
knew as much as is possible without actually being a pilot, engineer,
designer, or mechanic who was directly involved with the aircraft. When I
saw the movie, I also laughed at the barrel roll scene. It seemed pure
Hollywood/preposterous. Imagine my surprise when I learned that it had
actually been done in a test flight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYQS3qAIjAo

ENJOY!

Nick

Old June 1st 09, 12:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Graham Sheldon

"Canuck" wrote in message

"Dr.Smith" wrote in message

[...]

I've always thought that just about ANY aeroplane is capable of being
barrel-rolled or looped provided that the manoeuvre is within the G limits
of the airframe. One famous occasion was Tex Johnson rolling the prototype
Boeing 707. In other words, if it is done properly no damage is sustained
but if you "bugger it up" it can only be done once!

Graham

FAA training movies now on DVD Aviation DVDs Aviation Marketplace 0 November 24th 05 06:30 PM
Flying movies Capt. Wild Bill Kelso, USAAC General Aviation 1 August 7th 05 01:08 AM
Aviation Movies Morgans Piloting 0 July 4th 05 11:52 PM
What are some good WW2 POW movies Ragnar Military Aviation 18 August 20th 04 08:40 PM
B-52s in the movies Matt Wiser Military Aviation 20 July 21st 04 04:33 AM