Hurricane Frances and Polk County

Old September 3rd 04, 09:41 PM
bci

Default Hurricane Frances and Polk County

Here we go again. Riley, please light the candles again.
Lakeland Ledger..
Frances was tracking northwest, possibly making landfall on Saturday
between Fort Pierce and Vero Beach. The storm's projected eventual
exit in the Gulf of Mexico could mean hurricaneforce winds up to 100
mph across the northern part of Polk County, said Alan Winfield, chief
meteorologist for Bay News 9.

Cash said Thursday's projected track for Frances could mean 100 mph
winds for six or seven hours for Poinciana, Polo Park and areas east
of Haines City in northeastern Polk County.

"Most all of our county will experience hurricane-force winds if it
passes anywhere within the county," Cash said.

Betsy
Old September 4th 04, 05:16 PM
Vaughn

"bci" wrote in message
om...
Here we go again. Riley, please light the candles again.

I am riding it out right now, just east of Lantana Airport (KLNA). About
25% of the tie-out fleet was still there last night. I saw no special
precautions (such as improvised spoilers) on any of them (just looked from the
road). Hopefully, they all have doubled-up tiedowns.

We will have tropical force winds all day and landfall will not happen
until after midnight. I haven't even peeked outside my door since last night.
Right now, they are saying that they do not expect widespread structural damage
to homes in this area.

Will check back tomorrow.

Vaughn

Old September 6th 04, 12:50 AM
Vaughn

Last night was really loud here in Palm Beach County. Judging from the
road view, Lantana Airport seems to have come through nicely. The few remaining
tieout queens look the same as before the storm. I guess that flight to Vero
Beach that I had scheduled for tomorrow morning is off though.

Vaughn

"Vaughn" wrote in message

om...