A well-done Glider video

Old December 5th 09, 06:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael[_7_]

Default A well-done Glider video

This was posted on the Condor flight sim forums. I thought it was a
rather well-done gliding video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO6GJLDqnYY

It is a compilation of a Swiss pilot's best video from the 2009
soaring season. Amazing landscape. Click the HD button and watch it
full screen if your computer can handle it. I'm not usually a big fan
of music being used instead of the natural sounds of flight, but this
one worked for me.

The production quality is quite high.

I really liked the effect of the reflection of the landscape on the
side of the glider in many of the sequences.

The pilot posts that this was done with a hand-held camera (Panasonic
FX-35) held outside the canopy. The video was image-stabilized and
zoomed in during post-production. He doesn't report what make of
glider and I'm not experienced enough to identify it.

--Michael
Old December 5th 09, 10:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MaD

On 5 Dez., 07:02, Michael wrote:
[...]

Very nice indeed...

Glider types in use: A Nimbus 2C (you can see the call-sign HB-1480 at
3:07), then a Duo Discus (HB-3427).
The other gliders being filmed from above are both ASH25

Regards
Marcel
Old December 5th 09, 11:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Dec 5, 3:27*am, MaD wrote:
On 5 Dez., 07:02, Michael wrote:

[...]

Vimeo version also includes mention of DG-505 used.

Cheers,

Frank W
Old December 5th 09, 12:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

On Dec 5, 4:50*am, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Dec 5, 3:27*am, MaD wrote:

On 5 Dez., 07:02, Michael wrote:

[...]

The 505 is in the middle at about 3:30, you can see the two piece
canopy and straight wing.

Old December 5th 09, 07:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67[_2_]

Very nice. I prefer glider videos with music, especially for the
general public. The wind noise and vario beeps are rather annoying
(but can be instructive). I usually just turn down the sound. A
compromise is to overlay the music against a soft background of
natural sounds.

Here are two musical glider videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9LELi3Dg_s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCPMAAF7pMg&NR=1

Old December 7th 09, 05:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tstock

I went here and saved this wonderful video to my iphone It's just
a website which lets you download vimeo, youtube,etc if you enter the
URL.

http://clipnabber.com/

Really Good Descriptive Glider Video ContestID67 Soaring 0 August 28th 08 09:16 PM
What Kind of Glider in this Video? ContestID67 Soaring 5 April 16th 08 12:45 AM
Glider Aerobatic Video 7C Soaring 2 March 5th 07 06:52 PM
Very cool glider video! Nik Piloting 2 November 29th 05 05:44 PM
Glider Club Video Montage Todd Burch Soaring 0 August 14th 03 09:15 PM