Open & 18 Meter Nationals Hobbs # 711 reporting

Old July 14th 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Open & 18 Meter Nationals Hobbs # 711 reporting

Rolled into Hobbs several days ago. Yesterday, big
thunderstorm early afternoon, with heavy rains and winds. No one flew,
several were ready, but we had no towplane. Today, Dick Mockler flew
in for afternoon tows. Right now, the sky isn't to promising, but
several are ready, if things get better. We have a high layer sitting
right over us now. So the waiting game is going on. HW and 97 are
here. TO, GV, F8, SP, 5U, H4, JN, and several others have shown up.
New RV park seems to be our only choice, they have
wireless, and hook ups, its real desert camping, no green or trees. The
owners are nice, and in 45 days, the RV park is full. 92 spots full.
The new pool is going in, and will be complete when we leave. A lot of
new happenings going on, and homes and campsites are prime right now.
I'll keep my ramblings going until Charlie starts typing,
he is here, and helping out in at the SSA office. Talk right now seems
to be about what's new. The ASG 29 in 15 Meter now weights 1212.5 lbs.
Making it come to the table at a 12.25 lb wing loading, I received my
certification data from AS last week, and what a surprize. In 18 Meter,
no changes, so the V2CX and V2CXT and the ASG 29/18 now come in at the
same max. wing loading. No, I haven't flown it yet in 15 Meter at that
wing loading, as I have only 4 flights in it in 18 Meter. But, after
Hobbs, I will head towards Ely, and if the Great Basin does some big
days, I will fly it their in 15 Meter.
The Open Class has 7 or 8, and the 18 Meter Class has
42, right now. Thermal tight, Soar high, fly safe, # 711 reporting.