100 Hr Inspection

Old August 6th 04, 05:59 AM
Scott D.

Default 100 Hr Inspection

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 10:05:51 -0800, Dale wrote:

I've read 91.409 and I understand it to mean that the 10 hour extension
is solely for the purpose of getting to a maintenance facility to
conduct the 100 hour inspection.

Does anyone know of enforcement actions that have been taken against
someone for flying within that 10 hour period...using it as a "grace"
period.

TIA

Whats the point, if you fly it past the 100 hours, then what ever you
fly it past will be deducted from the next 100 hour due point. Your
really not saving anything.

Scott D.
Old August 6th 04, 01:45 PM
Stu Gotts

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 22:49:04 -0800, Dale wrote:

In article , Scott D.
wrote:

Whats the point, if you fly it past the 100 hours, then what ever you
fly it past will be deducted from the next 100 hour due point. Your
really not saving anything.

I understand that. There is no point in going past the 100 hour unless
you're the operator and need the airplane flying instead of sitting in
the shop.

Precisely why the rule is in effect. Too many operators will choose
to need to have the airplane flying instead of "sitting" being
inspected at the shop.

Old August 6th 04, 02:06 PM
Jim Weir

part 91 is very clear. The time flown past the 100 hour inspection into the 10
hour grace period is deducted from the next 100 hour time period.

Stupid question #1: Why are you doing 100 hour inspections?

Jim

"Eclipsme"

-
-No, I don't believe this is correct. The 100 hours should start from the
-inspection.
-
-Harvey
-

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old August 7th 04, 04:07 PM
Ron Natalie

"Dale" wrote in message ...
In article ,
Jim Weir wrote:

Stupid question #1: Why are you doing 100 hour inspections?

Me? I fly for compensation or hire. G The boss thinks we can use the
10 hours as a grace period, I had to put my foot down and park the
airplane.

Hopefully carrying passengers. There's no requirement for 100 hours unless
carrying passengers for hire (or when the flight instructor provides the aircraft
for instruction).

Old August 14th 04, 01:44 PM
Bob Moore

Peter wrote

There is, I have been told by N-reg registration agents, a requirement
for a 100hr check if the aircraft is rented out. There is no need to
carry fare paying passengers.
So, if the aircraft is owned by a limited company for example, and
rented to the pilot(s) then 100hr checks are required - so I am told.

That's not what the regulation states....

(b) Except as provided in paragraph (c) of this section, no person may
operate an aircraft carrying any person (other than a crewmember) for hire,
and no person may give flight instruction for hire in an aircraft which
that person provides, unless within the preceding 100 hours of time in
service the aircraft has received an annual or 100-hour inspection and been
approved for return to service in accordance with part 43 of this chapter..

Bob Moore
Old August 14th 04, 03:18 PM
Dale

In article ,
Peter wrote:

But what about continuation training for the owner? Let's say you have
a PPL, and get training for the IR. And pay the instructor to instruct
you in your own plane. Do you need 100hr checks then?

No. The instructor is not providing the aircraft, you are.

--
Dale L. Falk

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
as simply messing around with airplanes.

http://home.gci.net/~sncdfalk/flying.html
Old August 15th 04, 01:03 AM
Ron Natalie

"Peter" wrote in message ...

There is, I have been told by N-reg registration agents, a requirement
for a 100hr check if the aircraft is rented out. There is no need to
carry fare paying passengers.

You were told wrong. The rule is clear. Rental has no bearing on the
situation. The rule says:

"Carrying passengers for hire"
"Flight instruction where the instructor provides the aircraft."

Rental of an aircraft without providing a pilot does not fall in to either
category.

So, if the aircraft is owned by a limited company for example, and
rented to the pilot(s) then 100hr checks are required - so I am told.

Again wrong.