Good landing in Palatine

Old May 12th 07, 06:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rick[_1_]

Default Good landing in Palatine

The pilot walked away...pretty lucky.

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/lo...132001052.html

I stopped by and saw the plane after it was moved to a parking lot, and it
didn't look like anything more than some scuffing on the leading edge of
both wings, as if it hit some brush or tree branches instead of power lines
and a car. Of course, the car was a Mini Cooper. The plane was a Cherokee
Cruiser, N57378.

- Rick, planespotter on the scene in Chicago

Old May 12th 07, 02:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Nathan Young

On Sat, 12 May 2007 00:36:45 -0500, "Rick"
wrote:

The pilot walked away...pretty lucky.

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/lo...132001052.html

I stopped by and saw the plane after it was moved to a parking lot, and it
didn't look like anything more than some scuffing on the leading edge of
both wings, as if it hit some brush or tree branches instead of power lines
and a car. Of course, the car was a Mini Cooper. The plane was a Cherokee
Cruiser, N57378.

Thanks for the link. I live approximately in the area, and drive
through there weekly (if not daily). The article references an
intended landing location 1 mile from NW Hwy/Quentin intersection.

To my knowledge - there are no airports public or private in the
Palatine area.

Wonder where he was really going?

Old May 12th 07, 02:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Nathan Young

I listened to the video, and it made a bit more sense. He landed 1/2
mile further up the road.

He was going to Grayslake from Texas.

Winds were from the NE last night, so if it was fuel related, that may
have played a role (ie flightplanned for distance not hours)...

Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good Excelsior Home Built 0 April 22nd 05 01:11 AM
Would a 3 million Candlepower spotlight make a good landing light? Legrande Harris Home Built 6 June 15th 04 06:32 AM
Good feeling landing / 200th hour Yossarian Piloting 22 December 23rd 03 12:44 AM
'Good' landing Gene Seibel Piloting 3 December 2nd 03 01:17 AM
Good, but not great landing. Big John Piloting 11 November 15th 03 05:47 AM