Mooney to Offer Light Sport Airplane

Old September 23rd 03, 08:25 PM
Rick Pellicciotti

Default Mooney to Offer Light Sport Airplane

"GreenPilot" wrote in message
om...
Mooney Aerospace Group has teamed with the Spanish kit aircraft
manufacturer Construcciones Aeronauticas De Galicia to market the
two-seat Toxo.

The Rotax-powered sportplane will be renamed the Mooney Toxo.
Components will be manufactured in Spain but assembled at Mooney's
plant in Kerrville, Tex. once the new Light Sport Aircraft category
goes into effect.

For full article see:

http://www.landings.com/evird.acgi$pass*57354550!_h-www.landings.com/_landings/pacflyer/sep7-2003/Sn-49-mooney-toxo-li.html

This was announced at Oshkosh but something is amiss. This airplane has a
stall speed and a top speed that is above what the new Sport plane category
allows.

Rick Pellicciotti

Old September 23rd 03, 08:36 PM
Gig Giacona

"Rick Pellicciotti" wrote in message
[...]

As is the MGW:

A bit larger than the original Spanish version, the Mooney Toxo will measure
6.4 feet high, 17.7 feet long and have a wingspan of 26 ft. It is expected
to have an empty weight of around 770 pounds and a maximum gross weight of
1,430 lbs.

Old September 23rd 03, 08:53 PM
Rick Pellicciotti

[...]

Makes me wonder if they (Mooney) knows something that we don't know about
the rule. The Toxo is a fine looking airplane. I had looked at it about a
year ago when I was looking for a new project.

Rick

Old September 23rd 03, 09:46 PM
Gig Giacona

[...]

I think that this has a equal chance of
A. being another screw-up in the life of Mooney
B. they will just change the numbers.