Pilot's Political Orientation

Old April 21st 04, 02:59 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"James Robinson" wrote in message

I prefer ABC news as a less biased source than an advocacy
group, thank you.

Less biased, perhaps, but definitely not unbiased.

Old April 21st 04, 03:07 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message

No originally.

Not originally? Of course it did. See article 1, section 8, clause 1.

Old April 21st 04, 03:25 AM
running with scissors

"Michael 182" wrote in message news:uQWgc.161786$gA5.1908220@attbi_s03...
Dan,

Look up Tarver on Google. He is a long time troll who never bothers to back
up any of his arguments except with rambling non-sensical "statements of
fact". Give it up.

Michael

nah he's not a troll, he believes his utter garbage.
Old April 21st 04, 03:26 AM
running with scissors

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message ...
"Michael 182" wrote in message
"Dan Luke" wrote in message
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:
Another lie.

I have science on my side

Another lie.

and no reason to lie.

Then apparently it's just your nature.

Try posting there again. If what you just said is the truth,
you should get little or no response.

I cross post to talk.origins every few months. It
is a kook bin full of retards spewing 150 year old
dog breeder science and an ocasional qualified
biologist. The biologist usually admits that there are
big problems with Darwin's "Origin of Species",
but "it demonstrates how one thing might
replace another". Although demonstrating a
concept has value, theaching religion as science is
not the way to do it.

More lies. You're afraid.

Dan,

Look up Tarver on Google.

You will find an archive troll which has been largely ineffective. There
was a second archive troll, but the paradox in that one has been revealed.

ineffective in what? archiving your crap. on one needs to show you
for the prick you are. you do a stand up job of that yourself.
Old April 21st 04, 03:35 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Joe Young" wrote in message

"James Robinson" wrote in message
Joe Young wrote:

Every poll shows the vast majority of the American public apposes
abortion. If that is the case in a democracy, shouldn't
the majority rule?

I'm not sure what polls you are reading, but here is a link that shows
the opposite, i.e. support for legal abortions at about 53 percent, and
opposition at 43 percent. They state this has been the trend for at
least the last decade.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/Da...oll010702.html

This one seems to have some different stats?????........??

http://christianparty.net/abortiongallup.htm

here is a interesting survey

http://www307.pair.com/ejs/plal1/surveys.htm

here is another...all found with a quick google search on abortion poll...

http://www.euthanasia.com/poll.html

How about a poll (Zogby, etc) that hasn't got pre-loaded results.

Old April 21st 04, 03:48 AM
Tom Sixkiller

Tom Sixkiller wrote:
"Matt Whiting" wrote in message

Gene Seibel wrote:

Possibly, if I thought it was better. At 53 years old I've pretty well
got my mind set on what I think is better. Others may not agree.
Doesn't mean they are wrong. With TV, books and internet, there aren't
a whole lot of ideas out there that have been kept secret. Most of
what I hear is new packaging for old ideas.

This has been true for at least 2000 years, at least with respect to
things involving people. Technology has advanced dramatically, but
people are pretty much the same as they were in Biblical times.

Human nature hasn't really changed in a lot longer than 2000 years.

I agree. That is why I said AT LEAST 2000 years.

How about this: "At least 50,000 years"?

Old April 21st 04, 04:17 AM
smackey

I come to this bulletin board to get info on flying, not politics.
While I know that I could skip this particular thread, I also want to
know what is going on. These pages tend toward off-topic issues
quicly and regularly. I know that by the time that message # 20
(usually much earlier) is posted, the whole subject is completely
"OT".

Don't you people know that nothing you say is going to change any
minds? Everyone has his/her agenda to promote, and nothing said is is
going to change anyone's mind. This from a lawyer who deals with this
type of stuff every day. Please tell me why this is not a) an utter
waste of time of and b) by people who apparantly have way too much
time on their hands.
Old April 21st 04, 04:49 AM
Dave Stadt

"Joe Young" wrote in message

"Peter Gottlieb" wrote in message
. net...

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
k.net...

When rights conflict, how do you strike a balance? By
religious background and beliefs? Whose? By "morals?" Whose?

If this were an easy question it would have been resolved long ago.

One wonders why it's a question at all.

Perhaps because we're a democracy rather than a dictatorship?

If that were true abortion would be outlawed. Every poll shows the vast
majority of the American public apposes abortion. If that is the case in

democracy, shouldn't the majority rule?

Thank goodness we do not have a democracy.

Old April 21st 04, 04:50 AM
Dave Stadt

Joe Young wrote:

James Robinson wrote:

Joe Young wrote:

Every poll shows the vast majority of the American public apposes
abortion. If that is the case in a democracy, shouldn't
the majority rule?

I'm not sure what polls you are reading, but here is a link that shows
the opposite, i.e. support for legal abortions at about 53 percent,

and
opposition at 43 percent. They state this has been the trend for at
least the last decade.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/Da...oll010702.html

This one seems to have some different stats?????........??

http://christianparty.net/abortiongallup.htm

I prefer ABC news as a less biased source than an advocacy group, thank
you.

ABC less biased.....best joke in this thread so far.

Old April 21st 04, 05:19 AM
John Harlow

Don't you people know that nothing you say is going to change any
minds?

Don't you know nothing you can say is going to change anyone's posting
habits?