Pireps for the Mustang Gathering?

Old October 2nd 07, 12:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jeff[_1_]

Default Pireps for the Mustang Gathering?

Anyone make it out to the Mustang round-up in Ohio this past weekend?

Old October 2nd 07, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim M

I was there on Saturday with my father, son, father-in-law, brother-in-
law, and 2 nephews. We were in the Legends Club, and I'm now spoiled
for any future air show. The weather was perfect, the performances
were wonderful, and the legends were everywhere. These were the guys
I've read about since I was a kid -- I couldn't believe I was actually
getting a chance to meet and chat with them.

There were so many planes on display that I didn't feel that I could
properly appreciate each one. There were some minor problems, such
egress traffic and the promised VIP parking that wasn't, but overall
I'd say it was a once-in-a-lifetime event that I wouldn't have missed
for anything.

I'd have to say that my favorite act was John Mohr's. He was
incredible. It's been about a year since I've done any aero, and all
I could think while watching him was "I have GOT to get back in the
Citabria!"

Old October 2nd 07, 08:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RNR[_2_]

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 10:11:23 -0700, Jim M
wrote:

[...]

I couldn't agree more. We drove all night from Philadelphia, caught a
few zzzzs in the truck and then stayed at the show from 8:00 until
7:00. We had a perfect parking spot, right up against the fence near
23R and Echo. The demonstrations were so good and so continuous, that
we didn't even go inside until 4:30. After the show was over, we
stayed and watch a number of interesting planes depart the show. Too
many highlights to list, but there was one thing that stopped my heart
for just a second. When the Lancaster was landing, after their
simulated bombing run, they balooned and had to do a go-round. I
don't imagine they get much practice doing that, but they did a nice
job. The F-22 maneuvers were astounding. And, what can you say about
that many P-51s in one place? Sensory overload (in a good way). A
tough 36 hour road trip, but well worth it.
RNR
Old October 2nd 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jens

wrote:

[...]

I didn't make it to Ohio but yesterday evening four mustangs made a
formation approach over Colorado Springs airport followed by
individual landings. Today they left, one after the other. My office
is right under the approach to this airport so I got a great view.
Would have been fantastic to make it to Ohio, though ;-(