Leaving Usnet Groups, Bye

Old May 3rd 05, 08:09 PM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Dudley Henriques wrote:
https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/aadatabase/login.asp

Yep...seems to have solved THAT mystery all right.

Now I'm left with a mystery. Since you're in there even without a current
medical, why was I left out for so long?

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Old May 3rd 05, 08:22 PM
private

snip
On well....support mental health I always say. Thank God the good people
around here seem to outnumber the morons. Of course Bea says that me
sticking around here to take all this crap kind of puts one extra in the
moron column :-)
Dudley

Some come here in goodwill and leave only intelligence.
We judge and respond to the demonstration of both,
the rest is inconsequential.

Blue skies to all

Old May 3rd 05, 08:35 PM
Dudley Henriques

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
Dudley Henriques wrote:
https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/aadatabase/login.asp

Yep...seems to have solved THAT mystery all right.

Now I'm left with a mystery. Since you're in there even without a current
medical, why was I left out for so long?

Not sure, but anything even remotely connected with the government can be a
twisted nightmare.
For example, I think the last medical they have listed for me is a class 2
dated in 82. I'm sitting here looking at a class 3 I got dated in 87 where I
was in sort of a "transition period" during my "retirement "from active
flying. That medical isn't on the data base at all. Next, I'm trying to
figure out how both my Commercial and CFI are listed on the base under
Dudley Arthur Henrique when in fact, my CFI in reality says Henriques :-))
I think probably the best thing for EVERYBODY to do is just accept the fact
that it's the FAA (we all know what THAT means :-) and just stop trying to
figure out how they manage to get ANYTHING right!! :-)
Dudley Henriques

Old May 4th 05, 02:40 AM
Matt Whiting

Cub Driver wrote:

On Mon, 02 May 2005 10:25:21 GMT, Matt Whiting
wrote:

It will be interesting to know, but I'm guessing the intent is to have
only "active" pilots listed, i.e.,

Okay, the database is working today.

I plugged in George H W Bush. He got a commercial pilot rating in
October 1945. Neither medical nor address available.

Then I plugged in George W Bush. He got a commercial rating in
December 1969 (not only SEL like his dad, but multiengine land and
instrument). Again, neither medical nor address available

So you hardly need to be current! (Both George 41 and George 43 are
alive, however, so possibly the list is pruned when you go to the
great fly-in in the sky.)

I plug in my own name and find address and all! But interestingly
enough, it gives the wrong information for my pilot certificate -- oh,
I know! I got a new cert in 2003, to scrub the Social Security number
off it, and that's evidently the date of issue.

And now I plug in Dudley Arthur Henrique and find that he was issued a
commercial pilot cert in January 1969, SEL and multi-engine land
"limited to center thrust". Last medical 3rd class November 1987 "must
wear corrective lenses." . No address

So: my guess is that Dudley is in there under a variant of his
surname, that he is practically a colleague of the president, and that
he hasn't been flying since 1989 or 1990.

Let's hear it for the FAA! That's a pretty good database, all things
considered. I think I was too hard on the guvmint in my earlier posts.

Yes, amazing what dropping a letter can do when dealing with a computer!

Matt
Old May 4th 05, 03:22 AM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Dudley Henriques wrote:
https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/aadatabase/login.asp

For example, I think the last medical they have listed for me is a class 2
dated in 82. I'm sitting here looking at a class 3 I got dated in 87 where I
was in sort of a "transition period" during my "retirement "from active
flying. That medical isn't on the data base at all.

Yes, it is. You got it (the class 3) in November of 1987. It's listed if you
look up Dudley Henrique (without the "s"). Somebody else posted a link earlier
that included numbers. I didn't try it so I'm not sure if it's the same one
that I quoted above. I found your medical in the database accessed by the link
in this message.

Next, I'm trying to
figure out how both my Commercial and CFI are listed on the base under
Dudley Arthur Henrique when in fact, my CFI in reality says Henriques :-))

Not that is screwy. All I can think is: "your tax dollars at work".

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Old May 4th 05, 03:51 AM
Dudley Henriques

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
.. .
Dudley Henriques wrote:
[...]

:-))

Not that is screwy. All I can think is: "your tax dollars at work".

Kind of makes you wonder what it must have been like for Alan Shepard
sitting on top of that Redstone just before they lit it....put together by
government workers after being assigned the job of building it as the lowest
bidder for the contract.
:-))
Dudley Henriques

Old May 4th 05, 03:56 AM
Montblack

("Matt Whiting" wrote)
Yes, amazing what dropping a letter can do when dealing with a computer!

Buttle
Tuttle

"This is your receipt for your husband...and this is my receipt for your
receipt."

"I assure you, Mrs. Buttle, the Ministry is very scrupulous about following
up and eradicating any error. If you have any complaints which you'd like to
make, I'd be more than happy to send you the appropriate forms."

Brazil (1985)

Montblack

Old May 4th 05, 03:02 PM
xyzzy

Montblack wrote:

("Matt Whiting" wrote)

Yes, amazing what dropping a letter can do when dealing with a computer!

Buttle
Tuttle

"This is your receipt for your husband...and this is my receipt for your
receipt."

"I assure you, Mrs. Buttle, the Ministry is very scrupulous about
following up and eradicating any error. If you have any complaints which
you'd like to make, I'd be more than happy to send you the appropriate
forms."

Brazil (1985)

Sorry, but I can't do anything without a form 29/J

Old May 4th 05, 07:48 PM
gatt

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message

Guys like these are why Democrats don't win elections. Every

intelligent
thing a liberal leader says is undermined by some clueless jackass like
this

As opposed to all the clueless jackass Republicans? (Rush, O'Reilly, et

al)

Exactly. The only difference being, the jackass Republicans--which is
certainly not to say all Republicans are jackasses--are more convincing than
the jackass Dems.

Come on...both parties have plenty of clueless jackasses to go around.

Absolutely NO argument there.

Anybody know the Vancouver pilot that crashed in Portland, Oregon this
weekend?

Nope...I did find myself wondering if the airplane was a Cessna 150
though...

I catch your meaning. Looked to me that the airplane was green, but I
haven't seen much.

-c

Old May 4th 05, 11:28 PM
Peter Duniho

"gatt" wrote in message
As opposed to all the clueless jackass Republicans? (Rush, O'Reilly, et

al)

Exactly. The only difference being, the jackass Republicans--which is
certainly not to say all Republicans are jackasses--are more convincing
than
the jackass Dems.

They've just had more practice at it. I don't doubt the Democrats will
polish their jackass act eventually.

[...]
I catch your meaning. Looked to me that the airplane was green, but I
haven't seen much.

Me either...only images I saw were on the nightly news, sounds similar to
what you saw. But all I caught was a tiny portion of what MIGHT have been
the vertical stabilizer. Hardly enough to ID an airplane.

Pete