Leaving Usnet Groups, Bye

Old May 5th 05, 05:06 PM
Dudley Henriques

wrote in message
On Thu, 05 May 2005 14:47:51 GMT, "Dudley Henriques"
dhenriques@noware .net wrote:

Remind me in the future if I happen to state pi to extend it to it's
maximum
just for this newsgroup's more intellectual readers.
Dudley Henriques

Well, then you would indeed have something to boast about, since it's
never been done.

Try giving it a rest. Break for lunch or something.

Dudley Henriques

C'mon, Dudster.

Lighten up. Don't take yourself so seriously.

Let me enlighten you on something my friend. I DO take myself QUITE
seriously and if you intend posting to me and desire intelligent and
meaningful dialog in return, I strongly suggest you try and refrain from
using a smart, superior, and condescending tone with me. I don't like it,
and it marks you as just one more Usenet "correction artist" to be avoided.
Here's a Henriques Usenet hint for you. If you are NOT posting to me in the
manner I've described above, USE A ****ING :-) and avoid the predictable
second post where you start telling someone who has taken what you have said
to them in the EXACT context it was written; how they should be "taking
themselves"
Trust me, it will save a whole lot of this type of bull **** when dealing
with me.

Dudley Henriques

Old May 5th 05, 05:13 PM
Dudley Henriques

"John Ousterhout" wrote in
message news:ftree.49608$r53.36068@attbi_s21...
Dudley Henriques wrote:

Sometimes I wonder, but there actually ARE some really intelligent people
on this group. One thing I've noticed though....most who fit the
description have real names. :-)

It was once said that if an infinite number of monkeys were placed at
typeriters that one would immediately write a great work of literature.

Nowadays, thanks to Usenet, we know that's not true :-)

http://www.ousterhout.net/funny/usenet.jpg

- John (my real name) Ousterhout -

Or perhaps reversing the equation to read ;
1 Chimpanzee at a single typewriter eventually typing "War and Peace" :-)
I think perhaps using either formula will find us still seeking an answer
for Usenet!
:-)

Dudley Henriques

Old May 5th 05, 05:35 PM

On Thu, 05 May 2005 16:06:19 GMT, "Dudley Henriques"
[...]

Hey, Your Dudship,

Now you are not only taking yourself too seriously, you have obviously
just confused me with someone who gives a good **** what you think
about anything.

And let me assure you that I do not expect anything intelligent and
meaningful in any of your responses. So don't feel you are
disappointing me in any way.

So once again, lighten up. You'll live longer. And don't waste your
time and bandwidth on what you call "Henriques Usenet hints". I'm
sure to ignore them.

But thanks anyway, for the offer.
Old May 5th 05, 05:48 PM
Matt Barrow

PLONK and **** you very much!!

Old May 5th 05, 06:13 PM
Blanche

They just didn't believe me when I tried to explain what would happen
when they started selling computers at the grocery store...

I plonked cefeye/whatever a long time ago.

Old May 5th 05, 06:54 PM
Dudley Henriques

wrote in message
On 05 May 2005 17:13:52 GMT, Blanche wrote:

They just didn't believe me when I tried to explain what would happen
when they started selling computers at the grocery store...

I plonked cefeye/whatever a long time ago.

If you get plonked in a forest and there's no one around to hear it,
does it really happen?

See......with an intellectual level this low, you and I would have nothing
to share anyway, so nothing lost.
DH (not worth the signature :-)

Old May 5th 05, 07:00 PM
Dudley Henriques

wrote in message
[...]

If this is true, why are you keep posting to me continiously when I don't
post to you initially? You won't find one post from me to you that wasn't an
answering post to you from some idiotic comment you felt you just HAD to
make!!
:-)

And let me assure you that I do not expect anything intelligent and
meaningful in any of your responses. So don't feel you are
disappointing me in any way.

And based on your posting history to me, this is EXACTLY what you will get
if anything, so why post to me at all. Simply pass me up since I'm so
distasteful to you. :-)

So once again, lighten up. You'll live longer. And don't waste your
time and bandwidth on what you call "Henriques Usenet hints". I'm
sure to ignore them.

Actually...as has been proved by this post, you haven't ignored them though
have you? :-)

But thanks anyway, for the offer.

Junior High School stuff! Try something else less predictable. I'm a chess
player and tend to enjoy the game, but you're no challenge at all .
:-)
DH (not really worth the signature)

Old May 5th 05, 07:08 PM
Dudley Henriques

wrote in message
[...]

Sometimes, first impressions on Usenet are wrong , and when that happens,
two intelligent people usually discover it through further dialog and over
time take steps to correct it.
Dudley Henriques

Old May 5th 05, 07:10 PM
Dudley Henriques

"Blanche" wrote in message
They just didn't believe me when I tried to explain what would happen
when they started selling computers at the grocery store...

I plonked cefeye/whatever a long time ago.

Sounds like a plan BC; but being the lightning rod I seem to be around here,
I better run over to the grocery store and buy me a larger hard drive! :-)
Dudley

Old May 5th 05, 07:46 PM
Dudley Henriques

wrote in message
On Thu, 05 May 2005 17:54:11 GMT, "Dudley Henriques"
dhenriques@noware .net wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On 05 May 2005 17:13:52 GMT, Blanche wrote:

They just didn't believe me when I tried to explain what would happen
when they started selling computers at the grocery store...

I plonked cefeye/whatever a long time ago.

If you get plonked in a forest and there's no one around to hear it,
does it really happen?

See......with an intellectual level this low, you and I would have nothing
to share anyway, so nothing lost.
DH (not worth the signature :-)

Dudski, Dudski. This shows how even a superior intellect can
occasionally be wrong.

We share the idea that nothing is lost if you don't respond.

I would assume since I have never posted initially to you, that you and I
have nothing in common. Whether I respond or don't respond is no biggie I'm
sure for either one of us. I have simply chosen to respond this time.
Trust me, as soon as this exchange has ended, I will revert back to my
policy of not posting to anything you have to say on Usenet, and if we ever
"meet" again on this group, it will be because you again did as you have
done here; which is to post to me. At that time I'll again make a decision
whether or not I wish to deal with you.
But you're right about one thing. Nothing in the way of useful information
will ever pass between us, so I agree that nothing is lost.
DH