Things to do in Germany

Old February 15th 07, 09:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
User

Default Things to do in Germany

I am heading off to Aero 2007 in Germany held at Freidrichshafen, on
this trip i am taking my son who is showing an interest in WW2 and other
'war' events as part of his school studies.

Where are the best museums and other aviation based places to visit in
Germany where he can get a good overview, and 500 photos over a couple
of days ?? Any help and ideas on places to visit is really appreciated
because i cant find anything locally from our travel people !!

Thanks Michael Coates
Old February 15th 07, 10:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Karl-Heinz Kuenzel

user schrieb:
I am heading off to Aero 2007 in Germany held at Freidrichshafen, on
this trip i am taking my son who is showing an interest in WW2 and other
'war' events as part of his school studies.

Where are the best museums and other aviation based places to visit in
Germany where he can get a good overview, and 500 photos over a couple
of days ?? Any help and ideas on places to visit is really appreciated
because i cant find anything locally from our travel people !!

Thanks Michael Coates

Just start here http://www.luftfahrtmuseum.com/htmd/dmd/eu_d.htm

I can recommend those

Deutsches Museum, München

Deutsches Museum - Flugwerft, Schleissheim

Deutsches Technikmuseum, Berlin

Luftfahrt-Museum Laatzen-Hannover e.V., Laatzen

Regards Karl-Heinz
Old February 15th 07, 11:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans

"user" wrote in message
I am heading off to Aero 2007 in Germany held at Freidrichshafen, on this
trip i am taking my son who is showing an interest in WW2 and other 'war'
events as part of his school studies.

Where are the best museums and other aviation based places to visit in
Germany where he can get a good overview, and 500 photos over a couple of
days ?? Any help and ideas on places to visit is really appreciated
because i cant find anything locally from our travel people !!

Although not particularly all aviation, and kinda' small, the "check-point
charlie" museum in Berlin is a "can't miss."

Some people really wanted out of East Germany, badly, after you see some of
the things they did to cross over.
--
Jim in NC

Old February 16th 07, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dave[_5_]

I can recommend those

Deutsches Museum, München

Deutsches Museum - Flugwerft, Schleissheim

Deutsches Technikmuseum, Berlin

Luftfahrt-Museum Laatzen-Hannover e.V., Laatzen

Regards Karl-Heinz

Of this list I have seen only the Deutsches Museum in Munich - but
will say that it is the best technology exhibit I have seen anywhere.
Don't miss the high voltage electrical demonstration.

David Johnson

Old February 16th 07, 06:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack

("user" wrote)
I am heading off to Aero 2007 in Germany held at Freidrichshafen, on this
trip i am taking my son who is showing an interest in WW2 and other 'war'
events as part of his school studies.

Where are the best museums and other aviation based places to visit in
Germany where he can get a good overview, and 500 photos over a couple of
days ?? Any help and ideas on places to visit is really appreciated
because i cant find anything locally from our travel people !!

"Berlin Court Says Tempelhof Airport Must Be Closed Next Year"

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601100&sid=aN9S5GAT7Rv0&refer=germany
(From the story...)
Berlin Mayor Klaus Wowereit greeted the timeframe for the planned closure of
Tempelhof, which opened in 1923 and was later expanded by the Nazi
government, according to a faxed statement.

Tempelhof played a role in the first major crisis of the Cold War when the
Soviet Union's blockade of West Berlin prompted a humanitarian airlift by
the allies -- the U.S., U.K. and France -- from June 1948 to May 1949. At
the height of the airlift, allied aircraft landed at the rate of almost one
per minute.

Montblack

Old February 17th 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
George

"user" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I am heading off to Aero 2007 in Germany held at Freidrichshafen, on this
trip i am taking my son who is showing an interest in WW2 and other 'war'
events as part of his school studies.

Where are the best museums and other aviation based places to visit in
Germany where he can get a good overview, and 500 photos over a couple of
days ?? Any help and ideas on places to visit is really appreciated
because i cant find anything locally from our travel people !!

Thanks Michael Coates

If your son is showing an interest in WW2 and other war events, you should
also visit Ausschwitz, Dachau, Mauthausen,..... For more information contact
either the nearest Jewish comunity or Israel embassy in your country.

George