A380 arriving in the northeast?

Old February 14th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default A380 arriving in the northeast?

Nobody has actually said who is flying the sizing trials. Most likely,
it is the manufacturer as part of the certification process verifying
range, etc.

"G Farris" wrote in message
In article . com,
says...

With the airplane only halfway through the certification process,
how can a
commercial company be flying between city pairs for sizing trials?

There is no requirement it be certified. It probably has a big sign on
the door that says "Experimental". Lots of those flying around all the
time.

Lots of airliners delivered to paying customers prior to type
certification?
I'm slow - show me.

Old February 15th 06, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Greg Farris" wrote in message

The question of launch subsidies from European governments to EADS/Airbus
is indeed a sticky one, to which I agree the governments involved have not
been entirely forthcoming. But to characterize EADS/Airbus as a wholly
owned subsidiary of the French government, even "for all practical
purposes" is an unacceptable simplification.

Actually, to characterize Airbus as a wholly owned subsidiary of the French
government, even "for all practical purposes", is simply incorrect.

Old February 15th 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Lots of airliners delivered to paying customers prior to type certification?
I'm slow - show me.

Delivered to customers? I read "flying between city pairs for sizing
trials". Did I miss something about someone already taking delivery??

-Robert

Old February 15th 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...

Delivered to customers? I read "flying between city pairs for sizing
trials". Did I miss something about someone already taking delivery??

It appears you missed the reference to Singapore Airlines. The OP wrote:

"Does anyone know if or when the Airbus A380 is going to make its way to JFK
in New York? It should definitely be a sight to be seen. I know that
Singapore air will be flying in March to London."

Old February 15th 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Greg Farris" wrote in message
Yes, the OP said that Singapore is flying the beast to London in March.
This thread started because I questioned that assertion.

EADS. the manufacturer, is making the rounds, under the French DGAC's A of
C. One of the first stops was Emirates Airlines in Dubai. That airplane is
already painted in Emirates' colors. One of my buds just had to send me a
picture of him sitting in the cockpit. It looks nice, but I'm not ready to
trade my island for a compound in a forsaken desert.

D.

Old February 15th 06, 04:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I would be surprised if Singapore Air has actually taken delivery of
the plane. That would seem odd. In anycase, you can bet there will be
no paying pax onboard until its certified.

-Robert

Old February 15th 06, 10:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Sfb,

For all practical purposes the manufacturer is a wholly owned subsidiary
of the French government which is certifying the plane

BS! Just for one thing, the A380 will be certified by EASA - and the FAA.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old February 15th 06, 10:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Sfb,

The
European Union countries lead by France have a long history of subsidies
to Airbus.

Just like the US government subsidises Boeing. So what? You statement is
still factually wrong, for all practical purposes and beyond.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old February 15th 06, 10:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Capt.Doug,

That airplane is
already painted in Emirates' colors.

Actually, it was just for that event. Flying on to Singapore and
Australia, the paint scheme was changed.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)