Within three posts....

Old December 23rd 05, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Within three posts....

.....you people obliterated Hilton's message with a stream of off-topic
political blather.

How rude! It's no record, you've done it to the majority of topics raised
on this forum.

GET A LIFE!!!

TAKE IT TO A POLITICAL FORUM!!

GO FLY!!!

Sheesh....

Old December 24th 05, 12:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Casey Wilson" N2310D @ gmail.com wrote in message
....you people obliterated Hilton's message with a stream of off-topic
political blather.

Maybe you should reinstall Outlook Express, seeing as how your copy of it is
so broken that you aren't able to junk a thread.

Old December 24th 05, 12:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Peter Duniho wrote:
"Casey Wilson" N2310D @ gmail.com wrote in message

....you people obliterated Hilton's message with a stream of off-topic
political blather.

Maybe you should reinstall Outlook Express, seeing as how your copy of it is
so broken that you aren't able to junk a thread.

Blame the victum, eh.
Old December 24th 05, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Stubby" wrote in message
. ..
Blame the victum, eh.

Victim? Who's a victim here? How have they been victimized? What have
they lost? How have they been harmed?

Old December 24th 05, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
"Casey Wilson" N2310D @ gmail.com wrote in message
....you people obliterated Hilton's message with a stream of off-topic
political blather.

Maybe you should reinstall Outlook Express, seeing as how your copy of it
is so broken that you aren't able to junk a thread.

I don't post to you very often for obvious reasons, but I'll suggest to you
that the man has a point. In fact, I was going to post something similar and
decided at the last second because of the people involved I'd pass on it.
The problem isn't "junking the thread". The problem is that this thread
creeped into a political bash and in doing so, left the stated purpose of
the group, which I believe is aviation and not politics.
I've seen several fine newsgroups destroyed in this manner and I'm sure that
you along with the others who enjoy this group wouldn't like to see that
happen here.
You personally were not the culprit in this case, but you helped establish
the "mood" for what the poster you have answered so bluntly tried to
express. You simply used an unnecessary political analogy that was of course
picked up by the next poster under you. it was this that established the
creep, and the thread ran away with it; completely off topic and of course
devoted from that point on with political opinion and bashing.
Just so you understand where I'm coming from personally on this, I'll tell
you that I'm not the Internet Police, and if you people want to bash away
with your political opinions on this aviation group, so be it. I'm not the
least bit bothered by it, nor am I disturbed in any way.
Its YOUR newsgroup. I'm only passing on my observations to those who might
not desire that this group be lost to political agenda based dialog.
What you folks do here is your business. FWIW, I strongly suggest that all
of you take a step back and think for a moment before you use political
comment on your newsgroup. I'd not like to see this group go the way of so
many others on Usenet.
Thank you
Dudley Henriques

Old December 24th 05, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
"Casey Wilson" N2310D @ gmail.com wrote in message
....you people obliterated Hilton's message with a stream of off-topic
political blather.

Maybe you should reinstall Outlook Express, seeing as how your copy of it
is so broken that you aren't able to junk a thread.

My filters work very well, Mr. Duniho. The fact is I don't want to junk
the thread. I am interested in Hilton's point and the replies that are to
the point. It is the rest of the political gibberish to which I take
umbrage.

Old December 24th 05, 02:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article Pq2rf.632$wQ3.152@trnddc05, "Casey Wilson" N2310D @ gmail.com
wrote:

[snip]
The fact is I don't want to junk
the thread. I am interested in Hilton's point and the replies that are to
the point. It is the rest of the political gibberish to which I take
umbrage.

It's too bad that subthreads can't be filtered.

or are there newsreaders that can filter a subthread?

--
Bob Noel
New NHL? what a joke

Old December 24th 05, 02:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

My filters work very well, Mr. Duniho. The fact is I don't want to junk
the thread. I am interested in Hilton's point and the replies that are to
the point. It is the rest of the political gibberish to which I take
umbrage.

Then use a news reader that has a more flexible way to filter messages. To
expect the Usenet community to conform to YOUR desire is unreasonable.
Thread drift is an inevitable fact of life on nearly every newsgroup.

In a perfect world, every newsgroup would stay 100% on topic 100% of the
time. But then, in a perfect world we wouldn't have aircraft accidents to
make Hilton angry either. You've been around long enough to know that a
post like yours isn't going to accomplish a single thing.

Pete

Old December 24th 05, 03:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Peter Duniho wrote:

"Stubby" wrote in message
. ..
Blame the victum, eh.

Victim? Who's a victim here? How have they been victimized? What have
they lost? How have they been harmed?

The people who wanted to use this newsgroup to read/participate in a
discussion about piloting lose when the group becomes cluttered with
discussions/arguments/bickering about something else. It's similar to
opening your email expecting to find messages that are relevant to you but
instead find you've been spammed with dozens or more of useless crap. If
anything goes, then we might as well get rid of topical groups like
rec.aviation.Piloting.