Dick Padgett passed away

Old June 24th 19, 02:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FZ[_2_]

Default Dick Padgett passed away

Our dear friend Dick Padgett passed away last night, June 22. Dick was a war hero as a B-17 pilot in WWII, and in civilian life loved to fly, teach and tow. He represented many of the great things we love about aviation - professionalism, joy, sharing, teaching and making everyone feel that they could be part of a great adventure. Dick loved Wurtsboro Airport, and Wurtsboro Airport loved him. He will be sorely missed.
Old June 24th 19, 02:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Joel Flamenbaum[_2_]

On Sunday, June 23, 2019 at 6:18:41 PM UTC-7, FZ wrote:
Our dear friend Dick Padgett passed away last night, June 22. Dick was a war hero as a B-17 pilot in WWII, and in civilian life loved to fly, teach and tow. He represented many of the great things we love about aviation - professionalism, joy, sharing, teaching and making everyone feel that they could be part of a great adventure. Dick loved Wurtsboro Airport, and Wurtsboro Airport loved him. He will be sorely missed.

God Speed Dick you earned your wings
Old June 24th 19, 03:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Opitz

At 01:18 24 June 2019, FZ wrote:
Our dear friend Dick Padgett passed away last night, June 22. Dick

was a
wa=
r hero as a B-17 pilot in WWII, and in civilian life loved to fly, teach
an=
d tow. He represented many of the great things we love about

aviation -
pro=
fessionalism, joy, sharing, teaching and making everyone feel that

they
cou=
ld be part of a great adventure. Dick loved Wurtsboro Airport, and
Wurtsbor=
o Airport loved him. He will be sorely missed.

RIP, Dick... He certainly was a character, and was one of the very
few remaining 1960's Wurtsboro old timers to still be there and
active. There are others that are still alive, but they have spread
out to the four winds. For over 50 years, you could always count
on Dick being there at Wurtsboro.......good memories...

RO

Old June 24th 19, 03:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Sorry to hear this, I have dealt with hm for decades (usually a tow so I could get back to my field). Last I saw hm was their contest last year. He was recovering from health issues but stopped by the airport one day.

Condolences to those that knew him better than I.
Old June 24th 19, 01:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, June 23, 2019 at 9:18:41 PM UTC-4, FZ wrote:
Our dear friend Dick Padgett passed away last night, June 22. Dick was a war hero as a B-17 pilot in WWII, and in civilian life loved to fly, teach and tow. He represented many of the great things we love about aviation - professionalism, joy, sharing, teaching and making everyone feel that they could be part of a great adventure. Dick loved Wurtsboro Airport, and Wurtsboro Airport loved him. He will be sorely missed.

A "grumpy old guy" with a heart of gold. He loved us and we loved him.
Wishing you blue skies and tailwinds my friend.
UH
Old June 24th 19, 11:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rudolph stutzmann

Many fond memories of him and his stories when I was flying learning to fly at Wurtsboro as a teenager, a great asset to the sport of aviation.
Is there any information about services for him?
Old June 25th 19, 01:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

I've only had one flight at Wurtsboro but Dick gave me a tow. I knew then that he was a living legend. Godspeed.
Old June 25th 19, 06:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FZ[_2_]

Please watch this short clip. It was made 10 years ago.

https://vimeo.com/7070015?fbclid=IwA...UfEAOvTpBd5IXw
Old June 25th 19, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Monday, June 24, 2019 at 10:25:21 PM UTC-7, FZ wrote:
Please watch this short clip. It was made 10 years ago.

https://vimeo.com/7070015?fbclid=IwA...UfEAOvTpBd5IXw

Thank you Dick and thank you FZ for sharing.

Dick's Waves David Crimmins Soaring 6 January 18th 16 03:31 PM
Dick Johnson Clint Soaring 4 June 6th 09 10:40 PM
Remember this dick heads YES Piloting 15 August 14th 08 09:12 PM
Dick Johnson is gone. Burt Compton - Marfa Soaring 23 July 27th 08 05:38 PM
Dick Tracy C J Campbell Piloting 3 December 24th 04 03:18 AM