A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Cordele Showers?

Old May 24th 17, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Cordele Showers?

Not referring to the inevitable thundershowers. I'm entered in the Std. Class Nats next month and considering van camping again. I've flown there many times since 1971 and there's never been an on-airport shower available. Any change?

Alternatives? I know about the camping out at Lake Blackshear but that's a drive. Another entrant has offered the use of his hotel room shower but I hate to impose every day for nearly two weeks. And a shower at least once a day in Cordele is a necessity, not a luxury.

Thx.
Chip Bearden
Old May 24th 17, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Cordele Showers?

If you have access to water and a 110 VAC electrical supply nearby and an easily constructed privacy curtain this works well. Heats 5 gallons of water in a metal bucket in about 15 minutes. I have used one of these for a few years at one of our remote soaring locations. 5 gallons provides a luxurious bucket bath.

https://www.amazon.com/Allied-Precis...er+submersible

Disclaimer: I was a soldier for 20 years so my idea of luxurious may be slightly skewed.

Ron Clark

Old May 24th 17, 11:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Cordele Showers?

On Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 6:28:02 PM UTC-4, wrote:
If you have access to water and a 110 VAC electrical supply nearby and an easily constructed privacy curtain this works well. Heats 5 gallons of water in a metal bucket in about 15 minutes. I have used one of these for a few years at one of our remote soaring locations. 5 gallons provides a luxurious bucket bath.

https://www.amazon.com/Allied-Precis...er+submersible

Disclaimer: I was a soldier for 20 years so my idea of luxurious may be slightly skewed.

Ron Clark

According to the interwebs there is a Flying J truck stop with 10 showers in Cordele.
Old May 25th 17, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mitch Deutsch[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Cordele Showers?

On Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 4:44:49 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Not referring to the inevitable thundershowers. I'm entered in the Std.. Class Nats next month and considering van camping again. I've flown there many times since 1971 and there's never been an on-airport shower available. Any change?

Alternatives? I know about the camping out at Lake Blackshear but that's a drive. Another entrant has offered the use of his hotel room shower but I hate to impose every day for nearly two weeks. And a shower at least once a day in Cordele is a necessity, not a luxury.

Thx.
Chip Bearden

Chip

Unfortunately there are no showers at the Cordele Airport. The Flying J truck stop is just east of I-75 on the Cordele's main street, 16th Avenue. It is less than a 10 minute drive from the airport and is about 2 two miles away.
Old May 25th 17, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Cordele Showers?

Thx, all! These sound like reasonable ways to ease the imposition on my generous competitor, especially if I get back from a retrieve very late covered in sweat, red dust, and insect repellent and really need a shower. Not that this has ever happened to me in Cordele but it could.

Chip Bearden
Old May 25th 17, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Cordele Showers?

On Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 8:22:15 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Thx, all! These sound like reasonable ways to ease the imposition on my generous competitor, especially if I get back from a retrieve very late covered in sweat, red dust, and insect repellent and really need a shower. Not that this has ever happened to me in Cordele but it could.

Chip Bearden

I just bought one of these, haven't used it yet so I can't give you a review.

http://www.nemoequipment.com/product...Shower%20(Grey)
Old May 26th 17, 01:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus
external usenet poster

Default Cordele Showers?

On Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 11:22:15 PM UTC-4, wrote:

Chip Bearden

It is so hot in the evening there cold water sounds like a dream!