Best soaring site in USA ?

Old May 31st 17, 03:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Giaco

Default Best soaring site in USA ?

On Tuesday, February 28, 1995 at 9:38:07 AM UTC-5, Sion Beard wrote:
Where is the best place to soar year in year out in the states?

I hear Arizona and Texas are quite good.

Please flood the net with your responses.

Thanx

Sion

Awesome... I was all of 7 years old when this thread started... can't wait till we have people commenting who are younger than the threads!
And answer to the question is unequivocally New Hampshire
Old May 31st 17, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Stated like a true Easterner. Come to the southwest on your next
vacation. We have a treat in store for you!

--
Dan, 5J
Old May 31st 17, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 12:42:30 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
Stated like a true Easterner. Come to the southwest on your next
vacation. We have a treat in store for you!

Awesome... I was all of 7 years old when this thread started... can't wait till we have people commenting who are younger than the threads!
And answer to the question is unequivocally New Hampshire

--
Dan, 5J

Look up the precip maps for 2017, and you'll see that Chris is having a little joke at his own expense :-). It'll get good, again. Patience required here.

best,

Evan / T8

Old August 5th 17, 08:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 10:31:53 PM UTC-4, Giaco wrote:
On Tuesday, February 28, 1995 at 9:38:07 AM UTC-5, Sion Beard wrote:
Where is the best place to soar year in year out in the states?

I hear Arizona and Texas are quite good.

Please flood the net with your responses.

Thanx

Sion

Awesome... I was all of 7 years old when this thread started... can't wait till we have people commenting who are younger than the threads!
And answer to the question is unequivocally New Hampshire

I'm younger than the thread! I was born in 2000, and I'm going for my PPG this year at Sugarbush Soaring in Vermont. Great soaring there - everyone seems to have forgotten East Coast soaring in this thread.
Old August 6th 17, 12:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

As a nonpilot but a soaring crew member, I love Tehachapi California. Great place to live, Sierras are accessible, tons of vintage ships, events, great soaring airport, long flights, and dinners with the group weekly. Plus good work, aerospace, and a community loaded with pilots of all types. And affordable. And yes I am involved with the chamber of commerce/economic development here..😊
Janice Hagen Armstrong
Old August 6th 17, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hands down it's Inyokern California. But I may be a bit biased.
Old August 6th 17, 05:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

IONIA, Michigan!!!!!!
Old August 6th 17, 12:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, August 6, 2017 at 12:56:15 AM UTC-4, Sean Fidler wrote:
IONIA, Michigan!!!!!!

Can't beat Ionia on a good day and it's easy to park.

New Soaring Site PhilH Soaring 4 December 4th 05 08:37 PM
New Soaring Site PhilH Soaring 0 November 28th 05 04:02 AM
Best soaring site in USA? JS Soaring 23 January 18th 04 10:37 PM