Iowa City Fly-In is THIS weekend, Saturday AND Sunday!

Old May 18th 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Iowa City Fly-In is THIS weekend, Saturday AND Sunday!

The Eastern Iowa Big Kids Toy Show will be held at the Iowa City Airport
(KIOW) THIS coming weekend (May 20-21), both Saturday AND Sunday -- and it
promises to be a lot of fun!

Starting at 7 AM, we've got fly-in pancake & sausage breakfasts going BOTH
mornings. There will be tons of cool "big kids toys" on display, including
Cessna's newest Citation, a P-51 Mustang, some T-28 Trojans, three Stearman
biplanes, the Yellow Book aerobatic Pitts Special, a 1929 Travel Air -- and
a host of other cool airplanes.

(In fact, you'll be able to purchase fully aerobatic rides in the Pitts, as
well as sight-seeing rides in the Travel Air, if you'd like to add something
cool to your logbook...)

Of course there will be exotic sports cars, motor homes, SUVs, motorcycles,
jets, boats, and a host of other "big kids toys" on display. THERE IS NO
ADMISSION to the show -- everything is free! Even the pancake breakfast is
a "free-will donation" -- pay what you feel you can afford. Our many
sponsors have put up the money, so that you guys don't have to!

Best of all -- and this is why I need you guys there -- all proceeds from
this show are going toward the construction of a permanent aviation exhibit
at the Iowa Children's Museum. (See it: http://www.theicm.org/ ) Those of
us who are seriously concerned about the current and future state of GA in
America know that we MUST be willing to put our money where our mouths are
if we expect to even HAVE any GA in 25 years. IMHO, showing kids the
wonders of aviation at a world-class museum when they are young will ensure
that we will all have a place to land our planes in the future.

If we have a big crowd both days, our sponsors will feel that they've
received the "bang for the buck" they need -- and we can continue to build
on this show in the future. We may need several years worth of proceeds to
finish the exhibit, so please make it if you can!

We've got our order in for two beautiful, VFR days!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 18th 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Big Kids Toy Show? Hmmm, wish we had one of those in CT.

Old May 18th 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
[...]

Hey, Jay

Nice place you have, I was there on 05/03 I plan on making your place one of
my main stops on my ferry flights that pass through the area. I like
supporting locals rather then chains.

Old May 19th 06, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Nice place you have, I was there on 05/03 I plan on making your place one
of
my main stops on my ferry flights that pass through the area. I like
supporting locals rather then chains.

You were WHAT? You stopped in and didn't identify yourself? Dang it, man,
how am I supposed to buy you guys beers if you keep showing up anonymously!?
:-)

Seriously, when you stop in on a Wednesday/Thursday, that's our "weekend",
and chances are Mary and I won't be at the inn. That doesn't mean, however,
that we can't be reached by phone! Just let me know you're coming, and
we'll hook up for a cold one or three.

Glad you liked the place. Which suite did you stay in?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 19th 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

On Thu, 18 May 2006 14:06:57 -0700, "NW_PILOT"
wrote:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
[...]

This week end. The same week end as "The" Dayton Hamvention AND the
P-vill fly-in?

BTW, I've seen the weather report.
It's one of those "It all depends". You look good Friday and Sunday
with 40% chance of TS Saturday but that *appears* to be late Saturday
and we all know how accurate the forecasts are that far ahead. :-))

PJY looks like 20%, 30%and 20% for a chance of scattered T-storms.
Dayton looks good Friday and Saturday with only 20% Sunday after all
the rain they've had recently so that means the normal "knee deep mud"
in the outdoor market for at least Friday.

How can I go to so many good things at the same time?

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

:-)

Old May 19th 06, 05:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
Seriously, when you stop in on a Wednesday/Thursday, that's our "weekend",
and chances are Mary and I won't be at the inn. That doesn't mean,
however, that we can't be reached by phone! Just let me know you're
coming, and we'll hook up for a cold one or three.

Glad you liked the place. Which suite did you stay in?

Secret shopper :-)

Montblack

Old May 19th 06, 06:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

In article at1bg.154705$oL.129205@attbi_s71,
Jay Honeck wrote:
The Eastern Iowa Big Kids Toy Show will be held at the Iowa City Airport
(KIOW) THIS coming weekend (May 20-21), both Saturday AND Sunday -- and it
promises to be a lot of fun!

So close... and yes so far away....

Iam in Provo, Utah... thousand of miles nearer, but still away

--
Eduardo K. |
http://www.carfun.cl | "World domination, now"
Old May 19th 06, 12:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Kingfish wrote:
Big Kids Toy Show? Hmmm, wish we had one of those in CT.

Did you ever get to the "Toys for Adults" show they used to have at the
Hartford Civic Center in the 80's?

Of course, nowadays, "Adult Toy" has a whole 'nuther meaning...
Old May 19th 06, 01:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Of course, nowadays, "Adult Toy" has a whole 'nuther meaning...

Yeah, and we've had to carefully distance ourselves from the ubiquitous "Big
BOYS Toy Shows" that are going 'round the country.

You know, the ones with Hooters Girls, big monster trucks crushing things,
and lots of beer?

In contrast, we're a family show, free admission, proceeds going to the
Children's Museum for construction of an aviation exhibit. A world of
difference, but some people are still confused.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 19th 06, 01:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Honeck wrote:

Yeah, and we've had to carefully distance ourselves from the ubiquitous "Big
BOYS Toy Shows" that are going 'round the country.

You know, the ones with Hooters Girls, big monster trucks crushing things,
and lots of beer?

I haven't heard of those yet. G