emergency landing in downtown Montreal ends well

Old September 11th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marc CYBW

Default emergency landing in downtown Montreal ends well

Check it out.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl.../National/home

-- Marc

Old September 11th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Marc CYBW wrote:
Check it out.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl.../National/home

-- Marc

Interesting....seems we had a plane make an emergency landing on the
interstate today...although not downtown.
Old September 11th 06, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Emily said:
Marc CYBW wrote:
Check it out.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl.../National/home

Interesting....seems we had a plane make an emergency landing on the
interstate today...although not downtown.

And they didn't have to deal with Quebec drivers either. I bet as the guy
in Montreal was landing he was overtaken by 15 cars who then cut him off
as they whipped over from the far right lane to the exit on the far left
or from the far left to an exit on the far right, and they all flipped him
off.

(Yes, they have exits on the left on Autoroute 40 - it fits with the
general crazyness of Montreal drivers.)

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
If you don't pay for criminally bad software through the nose, you will
Old September 11th 06, 05:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Marc CYBW wrote:
Check it out.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl.../National/home

Interesting....seems we had a plane make an emergency landing on the
interstate today...although not downtown.

And they didn't have to deal with Quebec drivers either. I bet as the guy
in Montreal was landing he was overtaken by 15 cars who then cut him off
as they whipped over from the far right lane to the exit on the far left
or from the far left to an exit on the far right, and they all flipped him
off.

Clearly you've never been to Texas. :-)
Actually, I worked with a guy for a long time who lived in Montreal for
five years and drove maybe four times. He was just too scared.

(Yes, they have exits on the left on Autoroute 40 - it fits with the
general crazyness of Montreal drivers.)

I LOVE watching out of towners deal with left exits!!!
Old September 11th 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Tomblin

Paul Tomblin wrote:
And they didn't have to deal with Quebec drivers either. I bet as the guy
in Montreal was landing he was overtaken by 15 cars who then cut him off
as they whipped over from the far right lane to the exit on the far left
or from the far left to an exit on the far right, and they all flipped him
off.

Clearly you've never been to Texas. :-)
Actually, I worked with a guy for a long time who lived in Montreal for
five years and drove maybe four times. He was just too scared.

I've driven in Montreal and Dallas. Except for the fact that the Dallas
drivers were probably armed, they didn't worry me as much as the Montreal
drivers. The only place that scared me more than Montreal was in Madrid,
and there I was only a passenger.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Do you have a point, or are you saving it for a special occasion?
Old September 12th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

In article ,
Emily wrote:

Clearly you've never been to Texas. :-)

When my wife lived in Dallas and worked in Plano, it was amusing driving
her to work and watching the pickups depart the four-lane seemingly
where ever they desired to exit, and join the adjacent access road.
Old September 12th 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

In article ,
(Paul Tomblin) wrote:

I've driven in Montreal and Dallas. Except for the fact that the Dallas
drivers were probably armed, they didn't worry me as much as the Montreal
drivers. The only place that scared me more than Montreal was in Madrid,
and there I was only a passenger.

Puerto Rico... Rule of the First Bumper: If my bumper is ahead of yours,
I can cut in front of you.
Old September 12th 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

john smith wrote:
In article ,
(Paul Tomblin) wrote:

I've driven in Montreal and Dallas. Except for the fact that the Dallas
drivers were probably armed, they didn't worry me as much as the Montreal
drivers. The only place that scared me more than Montreal was in Madrid,
and there I was only a passenger.

Puerto Rico... Rule of the First Bumper: If my bumper is ahead of yours,
I can cut in front of you.

That's what I heard about Rome. I told my boss last month when he
threatened to send me that I might drive fast, but not that bad.
Old September 12th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

If my bumper is ahead of yours, I can cut in front of you.
That's what I heard about Rome.

It's not bad at all. The trick to it is to know that that's what they
do, and more to the point, that's what they expect =you= to do. They
are ready and expect you to be ready.

Jose
--
There are more ways to skin a cat than there are cats.
Old September 12th 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave[_5_]

The only place that scared me more than Montreal was in Madrid,
and there I was only a passenger.

I've driven in Montreal and Madrid and a whole lot of other places. I'd
vote for Paris, France as the worst I've experienced. Didn't drive
there, but the wildest ride I've ever had was in a taxi in Taipei.

David Johnson