Paris Air Show

Old June 30th 07, 10:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default Paris Air Show

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

El Maximo writes:

In truth, I've found that you make many mistakes. You just won't
accept it, so backpedal and find flaws with others.

In truth? So you've not been telling the truth up to this point?

Bwawhahwhhahwhahwhahwhhahwhahhahhhahwhahwhahhwhahw h!

PKB, fjukkwit

Bertie
Old June 30th 07, 10:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

A Guy Called Tyketto writes:

This makes absolutely no sense. If the southwestern US is at a
much lower latitude than France (which it is, as I've lived in BOTH),
the length of daylight would be LONGER in the summer, not shorter.

No, you have it backwards. The variations in the length of the
daylight period become greater as latitude approaches the poles.

The sun set here (Vegas) at 8:03pm local time tonight, and expected
to set later at this time of the year (due to summer solstice).

Today the sun rose at 5:47 AM in Paris, and will set at 9:58 PM. The
sky will be light until around 11 PM.

Plus, with it
being geographically closer to the equator than France, you will see
places like Arizona, Hawaii, and the like not use Daylight Savings
Time because of the amount of sun they get.

The closer to the equator you are, the less useful Daylight Saving
Time is, because the length of the day varies less as you approach the
equator. At the equator itself, the day is always exactly 12 hours
long.

You may want to go back to school and LEARN something instead
of sitting there and letting it go through one ear and out the other.

Keep talking, I love it.

I live here, so I think I would know that better than you.

Living somewhere can't substitute for research.

lessee.. Humidity gets up to near 100%; I go outside, and I see
rain.

Anything less than 100%, and you may not see any precipitation at all.

I grow up in Nebraska, and humidity gets up to 95%, I go
outside, and I see rain.

It gets up to 94% here in Paris practically every morning at this time
of year, and yet it usually does not rain.

Nope, worng again, asshjole.

Bertie

Old June 30th 07, 10:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Airbus writes:

Just a reality check here - temperatures throughout June 2007 in
Paris France have been running five to ten degrees (C) below seasonal
norm.

The normal high for June is about 21; the normal low is around 14.
The temps are only slightly below the norm.

Unfortunately, this is the exception, not the rule. Most excursions
are heat waves today. The temperature is increasingly above norms
almost all the time--sometimes by a lot, sometimes by a little, but
always above. This has been an accelerating trend for a decade.

The assertion "Climate changes in the past ten
years have been dramatic in much of the country" is demonstrably
false, and has no basis in fact.

The weather records say otherwise.

It is unclear whether this contributor is suggesting the past ten
years have shown desertification process in France ...

Desertification is not occurring, but drought is an increasing
problem, as rainfall has diminished in many areas. Even in Paris, it
rains less than it used to, and when it rains, it's much more likely
to be a thunderstorm rather than the intermittent, misty rain that
Paris is known for.

Nope, wrong agan asshole.

And, BTW, I was in Paris on Tuesday..

Guess, what?

****ing down fron the heavens, just like it has been for most of june.;
Liar Bankruptcy boi

Bertie
Old June 30th 07, 10:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Airbus writes:

I believe it would take a similarly mentally afflicted person too
understand that statement. "Most excusions?" Not season specific. Nor
geography specific? Any time, anywhere, every time you go out it's a
"heat wave"? Seen a doctor lately?

Excursions in much of Europe, particularly France.

If you live in northern France (Paris) you should know by now it is a
temperate climate. Never very cold (rarely reaches freezing in the
coldest months) and never very hot (rarely exceeds 80°F in the
summer).

I know that weather over the past ten years has been very different
from that of the previous few hundred, and the gap is widening, in the
direction of hotter weather and less rain.

Uh, wrong again, asshole.

Bertie
Old June 30th 07, 10:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Airbus writes:

Thank you for the retraction . . .

I haven't retracted anything.

Since I'm confident you cannot produce any evidence to support your
assertions, I'll provide one for you, from the French weather
authority :

http://www.meteofrance.com/FR/actus/...clecho/dos.htm

The "French weather authority" can't even predict the weather
accurately for tomorrow, much less years to come.

The French weather authority?

Bwahawhawhahwhahhwhahwhahwhhahwhahwhahhwhahw!

Oh, and yes they can. I kno. I use weather services al the time.

Bertie

Old June 30th 07, 01:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Andy Hawkins writes:

Since when did you have to 'predict' historical data?

You don't, but accurate prediction to me is one mark of competence in weather
study.
Old June 30th 07, 03:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Airbus

In article ,
says...

Airbus writes:

[...]

No they do not. You have missed the point - all this talk about "dramatic
climate change" is speculation about the future. No weather data, nor any
serious observer would claim there has been "dramatic climate change" anywhern
France within the past ten years. Unless of course you would care to point us
to your data. . .

Old June 30th 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Airbus

In article ,
says...

It is unclear whether this contributor is suggesting the past ten years have
shown desertification process in France ...

Desertification is not occurring,

Thank you for the retraction . . .

but drought is an increasing problem, as
rainfall has diminished in many areas.

Drought is a problem in the southern part of France, but it has been for
centuries. It is not attributable to a change in the amount of rainfall, which
varies year to year, but has not shown any marked trend.

Even in Paris, it rains less than it
used to, and when it rains, it's much more likely to be a thunderstorm rather
than the intermittent, misty rain that Paris is known for.

Wrong yet again (how do you do it?)
Since I'm confident you cannot produce any evidence to support your assertions,
I'll provide one for you, from the French weather authority :
http://www.meteofrance.com/FR/actus/...clecho/dos.htm
Look at the very bottom of the page and you'll see the chart of annual
rainfall in Paris, since 1870. There is a very slight upward trend (it rains
slightly more than it used to) but it is not significant. The type of seasonal
variation seems to have changed slightly - around 1920 - but no significant
difference is visible since. . .