Kitplanes August Issue

Old June 30th 04, 12:27 AM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , bryan chaisone
says...

Congrats to Boom Boom, Bill. Now... can you tell me which pages you
are on so we can skip your ugly mug? ;^)

Yeah!! Skip BWB and go to page 50 and see a real nice CGS Hawk :-) Then check
out the Fly Baby with the radial engine .Gee 3 references to RAH people in one
issue....

See ya

Chuck S

Old June 30th 04, 03:19 AM
Darrel Toepfer

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:

Yeah!! Skip BWB and go to page 50 and see a real nice CGS Hawk :-) Then check
out the Fly Baby with the radial engine .Gee 3 references to RAH people in one
issue....

Uh "Jim", he's not dead yet, either... Though I can't exactly figure out
the reasoning for the breakout box to ferry an airplane as he suggested.
If the plane doesn't have the equipment, it won't have the antennas
either. So if it doesn't - where exactly would you be strapping them on
a spam can?
Old June 30th 04, 04:05 PM
Jim Weir

Are you talkin' to me?

Jim

-

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old June 30th 04, 04:37 PM
Darrel Toepfer

Jim Weir wrote:
Are you talkin' to me?

Sorta, in a round about way... g
Old July 1st 04, 06:42 AM
Badwater Bill

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 16:49:31 GMT, "geo" wrote:

"JohnT." wrote in message
Already out, at least for the subscribers. Got mine earlier this week
with a trash back cover (thanks, USPS).

Don't complaing; my front cover was trashed.

--
Look at the world today. Is there anything more pitiful? What madness there
is. What blindness. What unintelligent leadership. A scurrying mass of

****, I was in a good mood until I read this...now I'm suicidal.

Hey Dude. I'm sorry I asked.

BWB

Old July 1st 04, 06:43 AM
Badwater Bill

Way to go Dr. Strangewater! Make sure Boom Boom gets a bunch of shots
of you building that Legacy too. Send some to Jay to put up on the
gallery. Us no-newserver guys want to see this stuff too.

pac "jealous as hell" plyer

Oh, I will. I'll post all of it for the jealous little cock suckers
here who will never build a thing and who will never fly anything that
ever goes like that son of a bitch.

BWb

Old July 1st 04, 06:44 AM
Badwater Bill

It's out. At least sent to subscribers. Just got mine. You looked
alot younger ;^)

Gary Thomas

I dyed my beard for the shots.

BWB

P.S. just kidding.----I looked younger in the shot because I was in a
good mood. I hadn't read RAH for a month or so.
Old July 1st 04, 06:48 AM
Badwater Bill

Is this the same airplane that you trashed here in this group because
of PSRU failures?

Corky Scott

Yep. That's the same airplane. These guys ironed out the bugs just
like Jack said in the article. I wouldn't worry a bit nowadays to fly
that thing. I actually think the airplane might be safer at this point
than one with a Lycosaur in it to tell you the truth Corky.

Hell, Jess and Tom worked on that thing everyday for nearly a decade.
An intelligent man might think that they actually made some
progress...but, then, this is RAH. Your comments are what I expect.

I'll tell you what Cork Screw. It's more airplane than YOU will most
likely ever fly. In fact it would probably scare you to death
because it's so fast and has so many ponies.

BWB

Old July 1st 04, 07:04 AM
Badwater Bill

On 29 Jun 2004 06:54:49 -0700, (bryan chaisone)
wrote:

Congrats to Boom Boom, Bill. Now... can you tell me which pages you
are on so we can skip your ugly mug? ;^)

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

That's the spirit Bryan. Just skip the whole thing. It's mostly a
magazine for people like the ones who read this ng, people who can't
fly and who will never build anything, but who drool and are insulting
to those who do go out and make a difference.

Tom and Jess did make a difference in spite of all the bull **** from
people like Paul Lamar and others. Guys like Bruce Frank know that
this can be done reliably. Tom and Jess and Bill Harold did it. The
damn thing has been flying flawlessly for years now. You get some
jerk like Cork Screw above who takes a shot because he was here and
read my posts about some 'early-on' failure.

What do you dopes thing research is all about? If you don't go
experiment you don't learn anything. This airplane was a colossal
experiment. There were some failures along the road to it's success.
What else would you expect? Do you think that we all could have built
a perfect airplane with a "crate" Vortec engine right out of the box
without some failures? If you do, then you are not a builder, and you
know nothing about research.

Research, my asshole friends, is one step forward and 10 steps
backward. That airplane was no different than any other research
project I was ever on in my life. It was thousands of hours of
thinking, designing, testing, failing...picking your ass up and doing
it again, year after year.

Hell, I was just the pilot. The true credit goes to Bill Harold, Tom
and Jess. They are the ones who stuck it out in the cold winters and
the hot summers in that hangar, until they had an airplane that did
what they wanted.

Jack Murietta (we always called him Juaqin---pronounced Whaa-Keen) did
a good job of telling the story the way it happened. He didn't hype
it and he didn't go into the millions of hours of rehashing things
until they got a winning solution.

Do you think that Burt's space shot last week was any different?
Hell, that wasn't the first test of that system. They've had many set
backs along the way as they redesigned things. I understand that they
even had some sort of control malfunction on this space-shot, but Mike
Melville went to a backup system and overcame it.

It's the way research is folks.

BWB

Old July 1st 04, 12:58 PM
RobertR237

It's out. At least sent to subscribers. Just got mine. You looked
alot younger ;^)

Gary Thomas

I dyed my beard for the shots.

BWB

P.S. just kidding.----I looked younger in the shot because I was in a
good mood. I hadn't read RAH for a month or so.

Bull Chips, who told you that you looked younger? We all know what an airbrush
can do to help the appearance of those in need. Tell Boom-Boom she did a good
job.

BFG

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Flying to Las Vegas in August Sammy Home Built 10 June 8th 04 04:18 PM
Kitplanes Columns Jim Weir Home Built 30 April 14th 04 08:23 PM
KitPlanes - Home Page by Ron Wanttaja RobertR237 Home Built 40 August 12th 03 10:17 PM
Jim Weir's CO detector design in June Kitplanes Michael Home Built 0 August 8th 03 11:54 PM
Ultralight magazine August 1981 Gilan Home Built 0 July 20th 03 04:34 AM