Head orientation in turns--how is it taught for aviation?

Old June 13th 07, 06:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Head orientation in turns--how is it taught for aviation?

El Maximo writes:

2) To prevent falling off this powerful machine, many newbies have found
that keeping their head vertical to the road prevents them from getting too
dizzy and falling off.

Professional racers do exactly the same thing, and they are not newbies.
Old June 13th 07, 06:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

El Maximo writes:

Hey, I tried duplicating flight with my motorcycle, but I ended up crashing
into the retaining wall at the end of the runway.

I plan to sue you.

On what basis?
Old June 13th 07, 06:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Bob Crawford writes:

A couple of things to ponder.

If (contray to what real life pilots and CFIs have said here) pilots
were taught to generally lean/tilt their heads to keep it normal to
the horizon, wouldn't a fine simulator such as MSFS ("as real as it
gets") be designed to keep the horizon always horizonal across your
monitor and have the cockpit artwork rotate/tilt (since that would
present the same sight picture to a sim-pilot as a real pilot would
encounter)?

No. Sim pilots can turn their heads, too.

Have you ever felt the need to lean/tilt your head during coordinated
turns in a commercial airliner? If you forced yourself to lean in
such a situation you chances are you'd feel much more disorientated.

I'm rarely aware of turns in an airliner, as I'm not flying the plane and
don't have to worry about where it is going.
Old June 13th 07, 06:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

El Maximo writes:

2) To prevent falling off this powerful machine, many newbies have
found that keeping their head vertical to the road prevents them from
getting too dizzy and falling off.

Professional racers do exactly the same thing, and they are not
newbies.

No, they don';t they are doing something entirley different, fjukkwit.

Bertie
Old June 13th 07, 06:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

El Maximo writes:

Hey, I tried duplicating flight with my motorcycle, but I ended up
crashing into the retaining wall at the end of the runway.

I plan to sue you.

On what basis?

Gross fjukktudiness.

Bertie
Old June 13th 07, 06:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in :

Bob Crawford writes:

A couple of things to ponder.

If (contray to what real life pilots and CFIs have said here) pilots
were taught to generally lean/tilt their heads to keep it normal to
the horizon, wouldn't a fine simulator such as MSFS ("as real as it
gets") be designed to keep the horizon always horizonal across your
monitor and have the cockpit artwork rotate/tilt (since that would
present the same sight picture to a sim-pilot as a real pilot would
encounter)?

No. Sim pilots can turn their heads, too.

Must be hard when it's up yo ass.

Have you ever felt the need to lean/tilt your head during coordinated
turns in a commercial airliner? If you forced yourself to lean in
such a situation you chances are you'd feel much more disorientated.

I'm rarely aware of turns in an airliner, as I'm not flying the plane and
don't have to worry about where it is going.

So you just board them higgedly piggedly, do you?
Doesn't matter where it goes?

Bertie
Old June 13th 07, 10:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
El Maximo

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
El Maximo writes:

2) To prevent falling off this powerful machine, many newbies have found
that keeping their head vertical to the road prevents them from getting
too
dizzy and falling off.

Professional racers do exactly the same thing, and they are not newbies.

A quick search of google images for 'motorcycle racing' shows you're wrong
again.

Old June 13th 07, 11:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting

As moving just a little off topic, do you have any doubt that
Anthony's resume would show a large number of short term employments?

He'd present as an intellegent candidate, then demonstrate soon enough
an inability or unwillingness to take instructions.

Old June 13th 07, 01:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
El Maximo

wrote in message
oups.com...
As moving just a little off topic, do you have any doubt that
Anthony's resume would show a large number of short term employments?

He'd present as an intellegent candidate, then demonstrate soon enough
an inability or unwillingness to take instructions.

I doubt he would make it through many interviews. His complete lack of
social skills would turn up quickly. Looking at his website shows he has the
technical knowledge to use html, but nothing more. My guess is he was hired
during the dot-com era as a web programmer, but never really produced
anything. He probably was hired for some huge project at an exorbitant
salary, and dumped either when they realized he couldn't really produce
anything, or when the whole dot-com era crashed. That would also explain his
references to having 'been there - done that' and stories about going broke.
His blog shows he has no concept of cash flow management. I suspect he spent
all his money like a drunken sailor, and is still suffering the
consequences.

Old June 13th 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc

And this comment comes from a loser who can't find or hold a job in two of
the most industrialized countries in the world?

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Erik writes:

Yep. I'll be suspect number one if I ever fly into france and
you happen to disappear.

Are you married? Have a girlfriend? Ever apply for a job that requires
interaction with others, especially in close proximity or alone?