Survey Time

Old February 21st 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Survey Time

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote in message
No the juries are made up of people who couldn't get out of jury duty.

I always find it funny that it always seems like the people who are most
critical of juries are the ones who are so proud that they (presumably)
are able to shirk their responsibility as a citizen to serve on a jury.

I've served but it wasn't until the Judge that was sitting made it clear to
me that if I wasn't in his court room Wednesday morning I had better not be
seen at the golf course on Wednesday afternoon.

Yes I try to get out of it because it costs me money to do it and since
others are getting out for one reason or another then I'm going to do my
best to do the same.

That said, I'd have no problem if they simply required it and didn't take
any excuses short of hospitalization.

Old February 21st 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

some support

Old February 21st 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote

No the juries are made up of people who couldn't get out of jury duty.

Not completely. There are still many people out there that think serving is
part of their civic duty. Some are intelligent, moral human beings.

I am one of them, and I suspect many here, and you, would serve, also.
--
Jim in NC

Old February 22nd 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote in message
[...]
Yes I try to get out of it because it costs me money to do it and since
others are getting out for one reason or another then I'm going to do my
best to do the same.

Like I said. You're part of the problem.

Old February 22nd 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message

That's an interesting slant on the whole "jury duty" issue. Hardly
definitive though.

Old February 22nd 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Wasn't meant to be. I was called to jury duty many years
ago. When we were called into the court room the judge
asked the panel a question about our opinions. I said I had
an opinion of the subject and he asked what it was. I gave
a full and honest explanation and both the defense and
prosecuting attorneys jumped to their feet like synchronized
jack-in-the-boxes and said "Excused."

The question, Do you have an opinion about drugs? My answer
was yes and I asked if I could explain my entire opinion. I
explained that drugs had been a serious social problem prior
to 1910 when controls were applied. Alcohol prohibition
created a black-market in alcohol and organized crime.
Repeal left organized crime without a product so they moved
into drugs. I suggested that all drugs should be made legal
for adults and anyone who provided drugs to minors should be
executed. BTW, the judge nodded his head.

"Peter Duniho" wrote in
message ...
| "Jim Macklin" wrote
in message