GliderReview

Old January 2nd 17, 12:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jacopo Romei

Default GliderReview

Thanks Duster,

How will you organize, filter, weigh and display all this objective input?

I am publishing gliders one by one.
Every glider page is made of crowdsourced (no login required) star rating and free text comments.
Actually, to cover most of the used-ships market we only require to publish 30-40 gliders.

I am about to publish a comparison feature to show glider specs side-by-side.

Currently the worst bottleneck is having reviews: I am a newbie and certainly don't have the experience required to write more than 1 or 2 reviews.

Is it worth considering working with a Wikipedida type of oversight?

All glider pages are and will be made of both crowdsourced and "editorial" content, to have the best of two worlds: quality and influence of expert writers along with "wisdom of the crowds".

Good Luck!

I don't need luck! I just need experienced pilots willing to write what they think of their ships! ;-)

Thanks so much Duster!

--
Jacopo
Old January 2nd 17, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jacopo Romei

New featu gliders side-by-side comparison.

E.g. http://www.gliderreview.com/comparin...b-g103-twin-ii

Enjoy!

--
Jacopo
Old January 2nd 17, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Casey[_2_]

On Sunday, January 1, 2017 at 9:02:07 PM UTC-5, Jacopo Romei wrote:
New featu gliders side-by-side comparison.

E.g. http://www.gliderreview.com/comparin...b-g103-twin-ii

Enjoy!

--
Jacopo

The comparison is a nice feature.
Old January 2nd 17, 02:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jacopo Romei

The comparison is a nice feature.

I am just building what I think I need to choose my next glider! ;-)
Now I just need reviews and reviews!!!

Thank you Casey!

--
Jacopo
Old January 2nd 17, 01:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jacopo Romei

Hello again!

Now all the prices found *and* available on the web are linked to their original webpage so that you can browse its source.

E.g. www.gliderreview.com/glider/grob-g103-twin-ii

I hope this helps understanding the real value of each glider.

--
Jacopo
Old January 2nd 17, 02:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Opitz

At 13:11 02 January 2017, Jacopo Romei wrote:
Hello again!

Now all the prices found *and* available on the web are linked to

their
original webpage so that you can browse its source.

E.g. www.gliderreview.com/glider/grob-g103-twin-ii

I hope this helps understanding the real value of each glider.

--
Jacopo

The prices will vary greatly depending on prior damage history, and
how much weight has been added due to the repairs. Some Twin II's
have been crashed and repaired so often that they have usable
payloads of only 320 pounds. Some people joke that these gliders
are now "a single seat glider with a large baggage compartment". The
resale value of these gliders is correspondingly a lot less than a glider
with a high seat load and little to no damage history. That is all before

you figure in the condition of the gel-coat, cracked canopies, etc.. For
example, to replace just one cracked canopy can cost between $4000
and $8000 USD....

In the USA, there is a shortage of higher performance 2 seaters that
have a high seat load capability. A good G-103 with enclosed trailer
will cost ~$50K USD because of the scarcity.

Old January 2nd 17, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jacopo Romei

Hi Michael,

though I'd consider such a specific comment on G103 quotations a bit OT, thanks anyway: thoughtful considerations like yours are *exactly* the reason why I thought useful to make as many crawled prices as possible available to GliderReview users.

Thank you!

--
Jacopo
Old January 3rd 17, 01:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim[_33_]

On Sunday, January 1, 2017 at 6:02:07 PM UTC-8, Jacopo Romei wrote:
New featu gliders side-by-side comparison.

E.g. http://www.gliderreview.com/comparin...b-g103-twin-ii

Enjoy!

--
Jacopo

The comparison feature is very nice. It may be helpful to include "km/hr" or some such on the airspeeds though - as you already do on a glider's detail page.
Old January 3rd 17, 07:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

If you're interested, I would like to review the Pilatus B4.
I own one since 2010, and know several other owners. I own a Idaflieg polar measurement of the glider.
Old January 4th 17, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jacopo Romei

The comparison feature is very nice.

Thank you Jim.
Just developing what I'd have loved to find online.

It may be helpful to include "km/hr" or some such on the airspeeds though - as you already do on a glider's detail page.

Ooops! Lost in a recent deployment. Fixing in 24 hrs.
Thank you for your precious feedback.

--
Jacopo